Old 10-05-2015, 05:00 PM
Registered User

Default Rosa cannabifolia

I have been trying to find a supplier for this rose in the UK.

Does anyone know a UK supplier or grower or is it known by a synonym?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Rosa cannabifolia-image.jpg
Old 11-05-2015, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MikeH" wrote in message

I have been trying to find a supplier for this rose in the UK.

Does anyone know a UK supplier or grower or is it known by a synonym?

Thanks

|Filename: image.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16254|

MikeH

I know it as an alba type, I have seen it described as Rosa alba
cymbaefolia, like the other alba's it suckers like mad. I got very cross
with it here and eradicated it (with some difficulty) about 20 years ago

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 15-05-2015, 12:23 AM
Registered User

[QUOTE

I have been trying to find a supplier for this rose in the UK.

Does anyone know a UK supplier or grower or is it known by a Synonym?

I know it as an alba type, I have seen it described as Rosa alba
cymbaefolia, like the other alba's it suckers like mad. I got very cross
with it here and eradicated it (with some difficulty) about 20 years ago[/quote]

Thanks for the information Charlie it seems Alba Maxima and cannabifolia/cymbaefolia are both sports or mutations of R. Alba Semi-Plena.
I have recently acquired R.Alba Maxima so I expect this will be just as badly behaved.
Thanks again for valuable information.
Old 15-05-2015, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MikeH" wrote

I have been trying to find a supplier for this rose in the UK.

Does anyone know a UK supplier or grower or is it known by a synonym?

Give these people a ring, ask for the rose expert, whilst it's not showing
on their list they may know of a supplier.

http://www.wychcross.co.uk/

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 16-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"MikeH" wrote

I have been trying to find a supplier for this rose in the UK.

Does anyone know a UK supplier or grower or is it known by a synonym?

Give these people a ring, ask for the rose expert, whilst it's not showing
on their list they may know of a supplier.

Rose Plants, Buy Roses Online at Wych Cross Garden Centre UK

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.
Thanks Bob they are near me I will call them.

Old 16-05-2015, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MikeH" wrote

"MikeH" wrote-

-

Give these people a ring, ask for the rose expert, whilst it's not
showing
on their list they may know of a supplier.

'Rose Plants, Buy Roses Online at Wych Cross Garden Centre UK'
(http://www.wychcross.co.uk/)

Thanks Bob they are near me I will call them.

If they are near you take a drive over there, GC is very well cared for and
has an excellent Tea Room with nice views too.
It's one of our watering holes if we are out that way :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Rosa "Alister Stella Gray" cross United Kingdom 2 08-05-2003 10:56 PM
Rosa Rugosa Ophelia United Kingdom 4 29-04-2003 01:32 PM
Deadhead Rosa "Old Blush"? Steve Roses 2 19-04-2003 10:56 PM
Killa Bluma Rosa Primula! lms Roses 0 06-04-2003 04:56 PM
BALD HIP ROSES AKA. DWARF ROSES (Rosa gymnocarpa) nwforestmagic Roses 1 14-03-2003 04:44 AM