GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spinach (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/211604-spinach.html)

Christina Websell 19-05-2015 06:24 PM

Spinach

Sowed some on 16/4. Zilch.
I've never done well with it. If it does come up it runs to seed.

Bob Hobden 19-05-2015 10:57 PM

Spinach

"Christina Websell" wrote

Sowed some on 16/4. Zilch.
I've never done well with it. If it does come up it runs to seed.

Try Spinach Beet otherwise known as Perpetual Spinach.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Christina Websell 24-05-2015 07:21 PM

Spinach

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote

Sowed some on 16/4. Zilch.
I've never done well with it. If it does come up it runs to seed.

Try Spinach Beet otherwise known as Perpetual Spinach

Will do. Seems to be easier. Thanks.

Nick Maclaren[_3_] 24-05-2015 08:31 PM

Spinach

In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote

Sowed some on 16/4. Zilch.
I've never done well with it. If it does come up it runs to seed.

Try Spinach Beet otherwise known as Perpetual Spinach

Will do. Seems to be easier. Thanks.

In my view, it's a lot easier - we didn't like it, so I didn't grow
it again. I am trying to grow magenta spreen, because goosefoot
is a LOT easier than spinach, tastes like old-fashioned spinach
without the bitterness, and is much less watery. The trouble is
that it produces decent sized leaves only one year in ten, and
magenta spreen is much larger.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Christina Websell 28-05-2015 01:34 AM

Spinach

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote

Sowed some on 16/4. Zilch.
I've never done well with it. If it does come up it runs to seed.

Try Spinach Beet otherwise known as Perpetual Spinach

Will do. Seems to be easier. Thanks.

In my view, it's a lot easier - we didn't like it, so I didn't grow
it again. I am trying to grow magenta spreen, because goosefoot
is a LOT easier than spinach, tastes like old-fashioned spinach
without the bitterness, and is much less watery. The trouble is
that it produces decent sized leaves only one year in ten, and
magenta spreen is much larger.

I'd kind of like it *this* year. I never heard of magenta spreen, URL?

Nick Maclaren[_3_] 28-05-2015 08:36 AM

Spinach

In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:

Try Spinach Beet otherwise known as Perpetual Spinach
Will do. Seems to be easier. Thanks.

In my view, it's a lot easier - we didn't like it, so I didn't grow
it again. I am trying to grow magenta spreen, because goosefoot
is a LOT easier than spinach, tastes like old-fashioned spinach
without the bitterness, and is much less watery. The trouble is
that it produces decent sized leaves only one year in ten, and
magenta spreen is much larger.

I'd kind of like it *this* year. I never heard of magenta spreen, URL?

It's Chenopodium giganteum. You're a bit late for this year.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.