GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cordalyine and problems (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/211606-cordalyine-problems.html)

glenn w 20-05-2015 07:56 PM

cordalyine and problems

Hi, I have a green cordalyine that is approx 6ft tall. It has recently shown its trying to flower but at the same time the leaves at its base are going yellow and its starting to look poorly. I have never gave it any treatment and any old yellow leaves in the past I just pulled off. Is there any product I can buy to help it.
Also last year it started to produce new shoots from near the base of its trunk.
many thanks

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 22-05-2015 12:17 AM

cordalyine and problems

--
glenn w

When they flower they do sometimes shed more leaves and tend to branch as
well. sending of shoots from the base can also indicate that the stem has
received some damage over winter, most likely cold, but it can be other
things (Lily Beatle can have a go!) what ever it is, its not likely to kill
it and feeding it should not be needed, just carry on keeping it tidy.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs