GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New visitor today (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/211780-new-visitor-today.html)

David Hill 27-06-2015 11:36 PM

New visitor today

Came across this visitor today, saw him/her 3 different times in the
same place so have put down a little cat food for it.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psqqoho9yt.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psti62qczn.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psdtji7lug.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps5mfd9v8w.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psxdzw5jtb.jpg
David@ a still cool side of Swansea Bay

Spider[_3_] 28-06-2015 02:14 PM

New visitor today

On 27/06/2015 23:36, David Hill wrote:
Came across this visitor today, saw him/her 3 different times in the
same place so have put down a little cat food for it.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psqqoho9yt.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psti62qczn.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psdtji7lug.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps5mfd9v8w.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psxdzw5jtb.jpg

David@ a still cool side of Swansea Bay

Beautiful creature. How lucky you are!
I'm wondering if they eat slugs .. or something else useful?
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Vir Campestris 29-06-2015 09:33 PM

New visitor today

On 27/06/2015 23:36, David Hill wrote:
Came across this visitor today, saw him/her 3 different times in the
same place so have put down a little cat food for it.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psqqoho9yt.jpg

Probably the right thing for it. I think that's a ferret. Most likely a
lost pet.

It'll still take the rabbits though!

Andy

Nick Maclaren[_3_] 29-06-2015 09:40 PM

New visitor today

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 27/06/2015 23:36, David Hill wrote:
Came across this visitor today, saw him/her 3 different times in the
same place so have put down a little cat food for it.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psqqoho9yt.jpg

Probably the right thing for it. I think that's a ferret. Most likely a
lost pet.

Or a mink - it's hard to tell.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

David Hill 29-06-2015 10:02 PM

New visitor today

On 29/06/2015 21:40, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 27/06/2015 23:36, David Hill wrote:
Came across this visitor today, saw him/her 3 different times in the
same place so have put down a little cat food for it.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psqqoho9yt.jpg

Probably the right thing for it. I think that's a ferret. Most likely a
lost pet.

Or a mink - it's hard to tell.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

It wasn't as large as the ferrets I have known and would say definitely
not a mink, I went for stoat as it's a bit smaller than the others, also
it had a short tail.

Janet 29-06-2015 11:30 PM

New visitor today

In article ,
says...

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 27/06/2015 23:36, David Hill wrote:
Came across this visitor today, saw him/her 3 different times in the
same place so have put down a little cat food for it.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psqqoho9yt.jpg

Probably the right thing for it. I think that's a ferret. Most likely a
lost pet.

Or a mink - it's hard to tell.

From the colour and size it's a polecat ferret (boy next door used to
keep them for rabitting, I remember a litter of them running nose to
tail round the kitchen table edge).

Ferrets and mink are both bigger. PCF's are (even)smellier than ferrets

pcf on right

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/sa...nited-1.311724

Janet

Janet 29-06-2015 11:53 PM

New visitor today

In article ,
lid says...

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 27/06/2015 23:36, David Hill wrote:
Came across this visitor today, saw him/her 3 different times in the
same place so have put down a little cat food for it.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psqqoho9yt.jpg

Probably the right thing for it. I think that's a ferret. Most likely a
lost pet.

Or a mink - it's hard to tell.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

It wasn't as large as the ferrets I have known and would say definitely
not a mink, I went for stoat as it's a bit smaller than the others, also
it had a short tail.

I thought it was stoat too.

Wrong colour scheme. "Stoats are totally different, and weasily
distinguished" :-)

Janet

Christina Websell 13-07-2015 01:00 AM

New visitor today

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
On 27/06/2015 23:36, David Hill wrote:
Came across this visitor today, saw him/her 3 different times in the
same place so have put down a little cat food for it.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psqqoho9yt.jpg

Probably the right thing for it. I think that's a ferret. Most likely a
lost pet.

It'll still take the rabbits though!

Andy

It's a mink.. Had ferrets all my life,, it's not a ferret.

Christina Websell 13-07-2015 01:05 AM

New visitor today

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 27/06/2015 23:36, David Hill wrote:
Came across this visitor today, saw him/her 3 different times in the
same place so have put down a little cat food for it.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psqqoho9yt.jpg

Probably the right thing for it. I think that's a ferret. Most likely a
lost pet.

Or a mink - it's hard to tell.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Kept ferrets for years, this is not a ferret.

David Hill 13-07-2015 09:53 AM

New visitor today

On 13/07/2015 01:00, Christina Websell wrote:
"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
On 27/06/2015 23:36, David Hill wrote:
Came across this visitor today, saw him/her 3 different times in the
same place so have put down a little cat food for it.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psqqoho9yt.jpg

Probably the right thing for it. I think that's a ferret. Most likely a
lost pet.

It'll still take the rabbits though!

Andy

It's a mink.. Had ferrets all my life,, it's not a ferret.

It's not a mink, short tail and the ears are to big to be mink.

Michael Uplawski 13-07-2015 12:50 PM

New visitor today

I say it is a polecat.
From the side-view and ignoring the lack of color, I would have said a
weasel, but the front view with the white face-marks makes me uneasy.

Are these shadows of brown color in the fur up on the back? Otherwise,
the animal is too gray to resemble to anything...

Michael

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
GnuPG/OpenPGP 4096R/3216CF02 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]