GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Recovering winter jasmine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/211883-recovering-winter-jasmine.html)

Timothy Murphy 16-07-2015 02:50 PM

Recovering winter jasmine

I have two winter jasmines in large pots on a balcony.
I thought both had died after being left without water for a year.
But now they are showing new growth at the bottom.

They are (or were) about 7 feet tall, growing up a trellis.
Now I'm wondering what to do with the dead growth at the top?
Should I just cut them back to about 2 feet high?
Or just get rid of the dead leaves and leave the bare branches?

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net