GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Seed saving warning (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/212042-seed-saving-warning.html)

David Hill 04-09-2015 10:33 PM

Seed saving warning

This is a must read, though I doubt many of us would grow courgettes.
http://www.thelocal.de/20150821/cour...-in-heidelberg
I must say it is new information to me.
David@ a for once rain free side of Swansea Bay

kate harrison 05-09-2015 08:34 AM

Seed saving warning

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 10:33:12 PM UTC+1, Dave Hill wrote:
This is a must read, though I doubt many of us would grow courgettes.
http://www.thelocal.de/20150821/cour...-in-heidelberg
I must say it is new information to me.
David@ a for once rain free side of Swansea Bay

Who would have thought produce harvested from the garden could kill. I know some flower plants and palms can kill but veg..thats strange.

A real tragedy!

Jeff Layman[_2_] 05-09-2015 11:45 AM

Seed saving warning

On 04/09/15 22:33, David Hill wrote:
This is a must read, though I doubt many of us would grow courgettes.
http://www.thelocal.de/20150821/cour...-in-heidelberg
I must say it is new information to me.
David@ a for once rain free side of Swansea Bay

Fascinating. I often wondered what the attractiveness of bitter gourd
was to those who ate it! Can't say that I've ever tasted anything bitter
in a courgette.

--

Jeff

Bob Hobden 05-09-2015 01:23 PM

Seed saving warning

"David Hill" wrote

Always said they were best used on the compost heap. :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

David Rance[_3_] 05-09-2015 03:17 PM

Seed saving warning

On Sat, 5 Sep 2015 11:45:38 Jeff Layman wrote:

On 04/09/15 22:33, David Hill wrote:
This is a must read, though I doubt many of us would grow courgettes.
http://www.thelocal.de/20150821/cour...-in-heidelberg
I must say it is new information to me.
David@ a for once rain free side of Swansea Bay

Fascinating. I often wondered what the attractiveness of bitter gourd
was to those who ate it! Can't say that I've ever tasted anything
bitter in a courgette.

I once had some gherkins grow to a very large size. I pickled them but
even then they were too bitter to eat.

David