GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The Exotic Garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/212076-exotic-garden.html)

Jeff Layman[_2_] 16-09-2015 09:46 PM

The Exotic Garden

I don't know if anyone else here has visited this extraordinary garden
in Norwich, but I just heard that its creator, Will Giles, died a
fortnight ago. The future of the garden is uncertain.

--

Jeff

Janet 16-09-2015 10:08 PM

The Exotic Garden

In article , lid
says...

I don't know if anyone else here has visited this extraordinary garden
in Norwich, but I just heard that its creator, Will Giles, died a
fortnight ago. The future of the garden is uncertain.

Sorry to hear that.

I've never visited but have seen and enjoyed his garden in books and on
TV. Seasonal protection seemed pretty labour intensive which does not
bode well for its future.

Janet.

Pam Moore[_3_] 18-09-2015 07:55 AM

The Exotic Garden

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 22:08:29 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , lid
says...

I don't know if anyone else here has visited this extraordinary garden
in Norwich, but I just heard that its creator, Will Giles, died a
fortnight ago. The future of the garden is uncertain.

Sorry to hear that.

I've never visited but have seen and enjoyed his garden in books and on
TV. Seasonal protection seemed pretty labour intensive which does not
bode well for its future.

Janet.

Sad! I also have never vistied but enjoyed seeing and hearing about
it. He and bob Flowerdew were friends.

indigo 21-09-2015 02:32 PM

The Exotic Garden

On 18/09/2015 07:55, Pam Moore wrote:
On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 22:08:29 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , lid
says...

I don't know if anyone else here has visited this extraordinary garden
in Norwich, but I just heard that its creator, Will Giles, died a
fortnight ago. The future of the garden is uncertain.

Sorry to hear that.

I've never visited but have seen and enjoyed his garden in books and on
TV. Seasonal protection seemed pretty labour intensive which does not
bode well for its future.

Janet.

Sad! I also have never vistied but enjoyed seeing and hearing about
it. He and bob Flowerdew were friends.

Yes that is a pity. I hadn't heard about Will Giles' death until it was
mentioned on Gardeners' World on Friday, although it must have been in
local press as my hubby already knew. He & Bob are both gardening
'celebs' in Norfolk.

Will used to write a column about his garden for the local newspaper's
weekend magazine and it was always an interesting read. His website says
the garden is to remain closed for the rest of the season but let's hope
someone will carry on his inspirational good work and that it can be
re-opened again in future.

Lots of pictures on website & blog at:
http://www.exoticgarden.com/blog/about-the-garden/

--