Old 14-10-2015, 10:31 AM
Registered User

Default Gardening glove problem

Hi,

Just moved into a house with an overgrown garden.

Can somebody please tell me where I can get small gardening gloves (I have very small hands, I think size 6). I need a good tough pair for pruning roses and removing long bramble stems, etc. Also want the gauntlet type. I have tried everywhere to get my size and it is impossible.

Please help!!
Old 15-10-2015, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Lintama" wrote in message

Hi,

Just moved into a house with an overgrown garden.

Can somebody please tell me where I can get small gardening gloves (I
have very small hands, I think size 6). I need a good tough pair for
pruning roses and removing long bramble stems, etc. Also want the
gauntlet type. I have tried everywhere to get my size and it is
impossible.

Please help!!

I too have small hands. I don't think you can get "tough" gloves in small
sizes. The manufacturers seem to assume that women only do light weeding!
I use those blue leather & canvas type ones, which are far too big but they
don't fall off.
If you do find small gardening gloves that are up to brambles and roses, let
me know as I'd like some too.

Old 15-10-2015, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Chris Hogg wrote:
somebody please tell me where I can get small gardening gloves (I
have very small hands, I think size 6). I need a good tough pair for
pruning roses and removing long bramble stems, etc. Also want the
gauntlet type. I have tried everywhere to get my size and it is
impossible.

Please help!!

These?
http://tinyurl.com/qjx3kar
or these?
http://tinyurl.com/o3jb8qe

Or
http://shop.centraltheatresupplies.c...mer-3286-p.asp
Old 16-10-2015, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/10/15 10:31, Lintama wrote:
Hi,

Just moved into a house with an overgrown garden.

Can somebody please tell me where I can get small gardening gloves (I
have very small hands, I think size 6). I need a good tough pair for
pruning roses and removing long bramble stems, etc. Also want the
gauntlet type. I have tried everywhere to get my size and it is
impossible.

I've used welder's gauntlets when cutting and pulling brambles.
For such crude work, I suspect that size isn't critical.

My hands aren't large, but neither are they small. Obviously
you would have to try them on.

Old 18-10-2015, 04:39 PM
Registered User

Thanks for all comments. I bought a medium pair made by Town and Country. They seem OK for now. Soft leather with a cuff.