GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wanted: egremont russet apple tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/212174-wanted-egremont-russet-apple-tree.html)

Tom Gardner[_2_] 19-10-2015 03:36 PM

Wanted: egremont russet apple tree

I'd be grateful if anyone has a recommended source for an egremont russet apple
tree. Height up to 3 or 4 metres, so I guess an MM106 rootstock, but I can
compromise on that.

Thanks.

Martin Brown 19-10-2015 04:06 PM

On 19/10/2015 15:36, Tom Gardner wrote:

I'd be grateful if anyone has a recommended source for an egremont
russet apple tree. Height up to 3 or 4 metres, so I guess an MM106
rootstock, but I can compromise on that.

It is moderately vigorous and can be used as the middle stage of a
family tree too. Mine is Egremont Russet and Sunset. Mine came from
Deacons Nursery a long while ago on a choice of root stocks too.

http://www.deaconsnurseryfruits.co.u...gremont-russet

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Divingbrit 20-10-2015 05:34 PM

Wanted: egremont russet apple tree

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:36:02 +0100, Tom Gardner
wrote:

I'd be grateful if anyone has a recommended source for an egremont russet apple
tree. Height up to 3 or 4 metres, so I guess an MM106 rootstock, but I can
compromise on that.

Excellent choice, nothing better.

Vir Campestris 20-10-2015 09:33 PM

wrote:

I'd be grateful if anyone has a recommended source for an egremont russet apple
tree. Height up to 3 or 4 metres, so I guess an MM106 rootstock, but I can
compromise on that.

Excellent choice, nothing better.

They're nice - but we bought a Sunset. Only 7 apples in its first year,
but they are lovely.

Andy

Martin Brown 21-10-2015 10:27 AM

wrote:

I'd be grateful if anyone has a recommended source for an egremont
russet apple
tree. Height up to 3 or 4 metres, so I guess an MM106 rootstock, but
I can
compromise on that.

Excellent choice, nothing better.

They're nice - but we bought a Sunset. Only 7 apples in its first year,
but they are lovely.

Funnily enough my family tree is MM106-Egremont Russet-Sunset.

The russet is rather vigorous and has to be kept in check so that the
Sunset can grow to full size but both fruit prolifically on clay soil.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown