GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Planting on Boxing Day (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/212360-planting-boxing-day.html)

mike crowe 26-12-2015 11:40 AM

Planting on Boxing Day

When we had our big garden we had a couple of polytunnels and always planted our New Potatoes on Boxing Day and had New Potatoes at Easter.

Anybody else have a 'Must do planting' on a specific date? ...........Odd thing to do on your wedding anniversary but we found time. 58 years today with the same one ;-)

.

Phil L 27-12-2015 05:19 PM

Planting on Boxing Day

mike crowe wrote:
When we had our big garden we had a couple of polytunnels and always
planted our New Potatoes on Boxing Day and had New Potatoes at Easter.

Anybody else have a 'Must do planting' on a specific date?
..........Odd thing to do on your wedding anniversary but we found
time. 58 years today with the same one ;-)

Someone told me they plant garlic cloves on Christmas day...never tried it
myself.

Bob Hobden 28-12-2015 11:29 AM

Planting on Boxing Day

"Phil L" wrote

mike crowe wrote:
When we had our big garden we had a couple of polytunnels and always
planted our New Potatoes on Boxing Day and had New Potatoes at Easter.

Anybody else have a 'Must do planting' on a specific date?
..........Odd thing to do on your wedding anniversary but we found
time. 58 years today with the same one ;-)

Someone told me they plant garlic cloves on Christmas day...never tried it
myself.

Bit late for garlic IMO.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.