GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Wissel's Saguaro' (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/212557-chamaecyparis-lawsoniana-wissels-saguaro.html)

Jeff Layman[_2_] 20-03-2016 01:02 PM

Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Wissel's Saguaro'

I saw one of these in a local garden centre yesterday (NB it's not the
same thing as Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Wisselli"). I've never seen one
before, and although most references say it is blue-green, this one was
very dark green and most attractive. What was not attractive was the
price - for a tree about 120 cm high it was £199.99!!!

Example at:
http://www.pflanzmich.de/produkt/894...nzypresse.html

The one shown here looks like it might have been trained into shape!
http://www.havlis.cz/karta.php?kytkaid=1854

--

Jeff

Jeff Layman[_2_] 24-03-2016 08:56 AM

On 20/03/16 13:02, Jeff Layman wrote:
I saw one of these in a local garden centre yesterday (NB it's not the
same thing as Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Wisselli"). I've never seen one
before, and although most references say it is blue-green, this one was
very dark green and most attractive. What was not attractive was the
price - for a tree about 120 cm high it was £199.99!!!

Example at:
http://www.pflanzmich.de/produkt/894...nzypresse.html

The one shown here looks like it might have been trained into shape!
http://www.havlis.cz/karta.php?kytkaid=1854

I see it's a "witches broom". Goes some way to explaining the price, but
not enough!

--

Jeff