GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The price of Shallots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/212563-price-shallots.html)

BobHobden 23-03-2016 11:17 PM

The price of Shallots

Can anyone tell me why the price of Shallots (for seed) has risen so much
over the last few years? £3.99 for 10 bulbs seems excessive.

Regards
Bob Hobden

philgurr 24-03-2016 08:17 AM

The price of Shallots

"BobHobden" wrote in message ...
Can anyone tell me why the price of Shallots (for seed) has risen so much over the last
few years? £3.99 for 10 bulbs seems excessive.

It is excessive, Fothergill's list half-a-dozen varieties and none more than
£5 for 500g.

Phil

BobHobden 24-03-2016 01:25 PM

The price of Shallots

"philgurr" wrote

"BobHobden" wrote
Can anyone tell me why the price of Shallots (for seed) has risen so much
over the last few years? £3.99 for 10 bulbs seems excessive.

It is excessive, Fothergill's list half-a-dozen varieties and none more
than
£5 for 500g.

Interesting and a lot cheaper than I've seen at the GCs etc. Sadly no
Jermor.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

philgurr 24-03-2016 07:39 PM

The price of Shallots

"BobHobden" wrote in message ...
"philgurr" wrote

"BobHobden" wrote
Can anyone tell me why the price of Shallots (for seed) has risen so much over the
last few years? £3.99 for 10 bulbs seems excessive.

It is excessive, Fothergill's list half-a-dozen varieties and none more than
£5 for 500g.

Interesting and a lot cheaper than I've seen at the GCs etc. Sadly no Jermor.

Cheap Jermor readily available
http://www.tuckers-countrystores.com...ers2015cat.pdf
Priced at £3 for 500g.

HTH

Phil

BobHobden 27-03-2016 03:03 PM

The price of Shallots

"philgurr" wrote

"BobHobden" wrote
"philgurr" wrote

"BobHobden" wrote
Can anyone tell me why the price of Shallots (for seed) has risen so
much over the last few years? £3.99 for 10 bulbs seems excessive.

It is excessive, Fothergill's list half-a-dozen varieties and none more
than
£5 for 500g.

Interesting and a lot cheaper than I've seen at the GCs etc. Sadly no
Jermor.

Cheap Jermor readily available
http://www.tuckers-countrystores.com...ers2015cat.pdf
Priced at £3 for 500g.

HTH

I still can't see any Jermor in this years Tucker's seed list, was last year
but not this.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

philgurr 27-03-2016 04:02 PM

The price of Shallots

"BobHobden" wrote in message ...
"philgurr" wrote

"BobHobden" wrote
"philgurr" wrote

"BobHobden" wrote
Can anyone tell me why the price of Shallots (for seed) has risen so much over the
last few years? £3.99 for 10 bulbs seems excessive.

It is excessive, Fothergill's list half-a-dozen varieties and none more than
£5 for 500g.

Interesting and a lot cheaper than I've seen at the GCs etc. Sadly no Jermor.

Cheap Jermor readily available
http://www.tuckers-countrystores.com...ers2015cat.pdf
Priced at £3 for 500g.

HTH

I still can't see any Jermor in this years Tucker's seed list, was last year but not
this.

Noticed that after I had posted and although I hate to say this, Suttons
at 400g. for £4.99 seem to be the best bet - though if you get some,
be sure to check the weight!

Phil