GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT(ish) - shop bought tomatoes and germinating seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/212762-ot-ish-shop-bought-tomatoes-germinating-seeds.html)

Johno 25-05-2016 01:52 PM

OT(ish) - shop bought tomatoes and germinating seeds

I've had great success over the last few years with both Santini (M&S) and Piccolo (Co-Op)
The former I grew for the first time in 2011 and have collected seed each year for the next year.
I soak the seeds in water for about a week in an egg cup, rinse in a tea strainer to remove the muck and lay out the seeds to dry on a kitchen towel. Once dry I can either shake them off, or if they are stuck sow just peel them off. Any paper stuck doesn't harm or hinder germination.
They are my two favourite varieties!

John