Old 29-05-2016, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flowering Currant and other shrub problems

Has anybody suffered the sudden death of a Flowering Currant and a Purple Hazel and if so, have you bought in chipped bark?

Old 30-05-2016, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/05/16 12:11, Mike Crowe wrote:
Has anybody suffered the sudden death of a Flowering Currant and a Purple Hazel and if so, have you bought in chipped bark?

I haven't got a flowering current, but I do have a Corylus avellana
'Contorta Red Majestic' (a contorted purple hazel) in the front. A large
bed was created in the back last year, and covered with about 10cm of
chipped bark. The bark was not put in the front where the hazel grows.
As far as I can tell, the hazel is growing well and has put out a lot of
healthy new leaves this year.

--

Jeff