Old 03-06-2016, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Chillies.

My chilli plants are flowering outdoor. They have grown from seeds
that I bought by post from Joy and Michael Michaud at Sea Spring Farm
in Dorset last year ago but then forgot to plant them. I planted them
outside in March this year which is really too early. Fortunately it's
been warm and fairly dry up here in Cheshire.

They are the Dorset Naga variety so I expect to have some seriously
spicy meals soon!

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com

Old 03-06-2016, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
My chilli plants are flowering outdoor. They have grown from seeds
that I bought by post from Joy and Michael Michaud at Sea Spring Farm
in Dorset last year ago but then forgot to plant them. I planted them
outside in March this year which is really too early. Fortunately it's
been warm and fairly dry up here in Cheshire.

They are the Dorset Naga variety so I expect to have some seriously
spicy meals soon!

I've got some Aldi seens (Cayenne) growing, one's over a foot tall that I
sown indoors last September and nurtured through winter, the other two are 4
and 2 inches tall that I sown in March indoors but have been in the
greenhouse since mid April, not doing too good at all.

The big one has dozens of small chillis on it

Old 27-06-2016, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 03 Jun 2016 15:49:30 +0100, Stephen Wolstenholme
wrote:

My chilli plants are flowering outdoor. They have grown from seeds
that I bought by post from Joy and Michael Michaud at Sea Spring Farm
in Dorset last year ago but then forgot to plant them. I planted them
outside in March this year which is really too early. Fortunately it's
been warm and fairly dry up here in Cheshire.

After flowering the weather went back to cool and wet and so all the
flowers died and dropped off.

The one chilli plant that I did not plant out is now in flower. It's
strange how the one indoors was the last to flower. There are no wild
bees in the house so I'm doing the pollinating by hand. This morning I
counted 154 buds that had not opened yet and realised what a job I had
to do! Fortunately for me, they don't all open at the same time.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
JustNN Just a neural network http://www.justnn.com

Chillies Not Flowering Sarah Dale United Kingdom 3 16-08-2003 12:33 AM
Chillies Kieron United Kingdom 7 27-07-2003 07:03 PM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors sprocket United Kingdom 25 19-04-2003 05:44 PM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors Martin Sykes Edible Gardening 3 24-02-2003 10:18 AM
Newbie: Growing chillies indoors Martin Sykes Gardening 2 24-02-2003 10:17 AM