GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Growing determinate tomatoes. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/212829-re-growing-determinate-tomatoes.html)

BobHobden 03-06-2016 11:08 PM

Growing determinate tomatoes.

"Chris French" wrote

Grown plenty of indeterminate tomatoes as cordons in the
greenhouse, but this year we are also growing some determinate
ones outside. What sort of support do they require?

Technically they don't, however I used to tie them to a stout cane as long
as I could, before they determinated, they always ended up as a messy bush
about 3 or 4ft tall.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

David Hill 04-06-2016 12:04 AM

On 03/06/2016 23:08, BobHobden wrote:
"Chris French" wrote

Grown plenty of indeterminate tomatoes as cordons in the
greenhouse, but this year we are also growing some determinate
ones outside. What sort of support do they require?

Technically they don't, however I used to tie them to a stout cane as
long as I could, before they determinated, they always ended up as a
messy bush about 3 or 4ft tall.

Havea look at
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ge&FORM=HDRSC2