Old 15-06-2016, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cleaning 8cm square plastic pots

I have a large number of 8cm square plastic pots and would like a
suitable brush for ease of cleaning. All the ones I have found are too
big and very stiff, suitable for ceramic pots. Any ideas please?
Old 15-06-2016, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , messageboards@j-
towill.co.uk says...

I have a large number of 8cm square plastic pots and would like a
suitable brush for ease of cleaning. All the ones I have found are too
big and very stiff, suitable for ceramic pots. Any ideas please?

I would suggest an "old fashioned" domestic scrubbing brush, or
alternatively soak then for a while in warm soapy water then
clean with aold cloths/rags/shirts or whatever!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
Old 15-06-2016, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15/06/2016 15:35, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 14:43:06 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

I have a large number of 8cm square plastic pots and would like a
suitable brush for ease of cleaning. All the ones I have found are too
big and very stiff, suitable for ceramic pots. Any ideas please?

http://tinyurl.com/z7yg6zy or http://tinyurl.com/jrryq3s or
http://tinyurl.com/hs8x7y6

Thanks for that Chris, they all look possibles,but sadly there are no
dimensions provided, that I can find, so they could be too large.
Old 15-06-2016, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I have a large number of 8cm square plastic pots and would like a
suitable brush for ease of cleaning. All the ones I have found are too
big and very stiff, suitable for ceramic pots. Any ideas please?

Rinse of loose mud etc and put in dishwasher.

If other members of the household object get a 2nd hand one , often
able to be obtained for nothing or just a few pounds . Older the
better as long as it works as less electronic bits to play up. Just
use the rinse progam for most things .
all sorts of things can be washed easier, shoes, car wheel trims ,
some tools , loo brushes

g harman.

Old 15-06-2016, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Broadback wrote:
I have a large number of 8cm square plastic pots and would like a
suitable brush for ease of cleaning. All the ones I have found are too
big and very stiff, suitable for ceramic pots. Any ideas please?

I use a 50mm (2in) paint brush....thousands of 'em in the poundshops

Old 15-06-2016, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15/06/16 14:43, Broadback wrote:
I have a large number of 8cm square plastic pots and would like a
suitable brush for ease of cleaning. All the ones I have found are too
big and very stiff, suitable for ceramic pots. Any ideas please?

Why do you want to clean them?

--

Jeff
Old 15-06-2016, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jeff Layman wrote:
On 15/06/16 14:43, Broadback wrote:
I have a large number of 8cm square plastic pots and would like a
suitable brush for ease of cleaning. All the ones I have found are
too big and very stiff, suitable for ceramic pots. Any ideas please?

Why do you want to clean them?

I find they stack up easier if there's no bits of compost / roots / gravel
etc stuck inside any of them

Old 16-06-2016, 09:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 15 Jun 2016 14:43:06 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

Yes soak, then old washing up brush