Old 29-06-2016, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Backpack/knapsack strimmers - any experience or recommendations?

I'm considering buying a backpack/knapsack strimmer. Does anyone here
have one and/or have any recommendations?

The Stihl ones are probably out of my price range, I might stretch to
a Honda, or are any of the cheaper ones any good?

--
Chris Green
·
Old 30-06-2016, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris Green" wrote ...

I'm considering buying a backpack/knapsack strimmer. Does anyone here
have one and/or have any recommendations?

The Stihl ones are probably out of my price range, I might stretch to
a Honda, or are any of the cheaper ones any good?

I have spoken to a professional that I saw using an Echo and he said he was
more than pleased with it. Well made, quiet, virtually no vibration were his
comments. No idea on prices. My own very old strimmer is a Husqvarna which
is another good make but probably the same price as Stihl.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/06/2016 08:10, BobHobden wrote:
"Chris Green" wrote ...

I'm considering buying a backpack/knapsack strimmer. Does anyone here
have one and/or have any recommendations?

The Stihl ones are probably out of my price range, I might stretch to
a Honda, or are any of the cheaper ones any good?

I have spoken to a professional that I saw using an Echo and he said he
was more than pleased with it. Well made, quiet, virtually no vibration
were his comments. No idea on prices. My own very old strimmer is a
Husqvarna which is another good make but probably the same price as Stihl.

My Ryobi is excellent, it replaced an old Echo (which was also very good
but tricky to start) The only thing I don't like about it is the
harness, so I am still using the old one!

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 04-07-2016, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie Pridham wrote:
On 30/06/2016 08:10, BobHobden wrote:
"Chris Green" wrote ...

I'm considering buying a backpack/knapsack strimmer. Does anyone here
have one and/or have any recommendations?

The Stihl ones are probably out of my price range, I might stretch to
a Honda, or are any of the cheaper ones any good?

I have spoken to a professional that I saw using an Echo and he said he
was more than pleased with it. Well made, quiet, virtually no vibration
were his comments. No idea on prices. My own very old strimmer is a
Husqvarna which is another good make but probably the same price as Stihl.

My Ryobi is excellent, it replaced an old Echo (which was also very good
but tricky to start) The only thing I don't like about it is the
harness, so I am still using the old one!

Is that a Ryobi *backpack* strimmer? I have an 'ordinary' Ryobi
strimmer with a 4-stroke engine which I do quite like, especially now
I've fixed a minor air-leak on the fuel intake which made it near
impossible to set up the mixture correctly (not surprising). The
4-stroke is *way* nicer than the 2-stroke Ryobi I had before.

--
Chris Green
·
Old 04-07-2016, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 04/07/2016 09:59, Chris Green wrote:
Charlie Pridham wrote:
[...]

Just an ordinary 2 stroke with cow horn handles