GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tibouchina semidecandra virus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/213213-tibouchina-semidecandra-virus.html)

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 22-07-2016 01:25 PM

Tibouchina semidecandra virus

This is in a pot, and it started going like this a year or so back,
and flowering less well. Epsom salts and other feeding seems to
make no difference. Does anyone recognise the symptoms?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2nslx90.jpg

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 22-07-2016 02:55 PM

On 22/07/2016 13:25, Nick Maclaren wrote:
This is in a pot, and it started going like this a year or so back,
and flowering less well. Epsom salts and other feeding seems to
make no difference. Does anyone recognise the symptoms?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2nslx90.jpg

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thats what they look like after a winter inside under glass, would
normally expect the newer leaves to look a lot better colour by now, You
may find a hard prune and a subsequent set of new stems bear better
foliage and flowers, has it been repotted recently? I ask because it has
the look of a plant that could do with moving on to a bigger pot.

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 22-07-2016 07:02 PM

Tibouchina semidecandra virus

In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:

This is in a pot, and it started going like this a year or so back,
and flowering less well. Epsom salts and other feeding seems to
make no difference. Does anyone recognise the symptoms?

http://i64.tinypic.com/2nslx90.jpg

Thats what they look like after a winter inside under glass, would
normally expect the newer leaves to look a lot better colour by now, You
may find a hard prune and a subsequent set of new stems bear better
foliage and flowers, has it been repotted recently? I ask because it has
the look of a plant that could do with moving on to a bigger pot.

I can certainly try repotting and see if that works.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.