GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Strange wormy things in the compost! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/21339-strange-wormy-things-compost.html)

Newbie Gardener 08-05-2003 08:08 PM

Strange wormy things in the compost!

I noticed a week ago shiny trails in my trays of seedlings (like slug trails
but on a much smaller scale). Today on closer inspection I found tiny worm type
things. They are clear with a black line running down their boddies. It seems
there are loads of them living on my window sills! Can anyone tell me what they
are? Or perhaps point me towards a site with photos of wormy bugs?

Thankyou!
Lorraine

Peter Crosland 09-05-2003 12:08 AM

Strange wormy things in the compost!

Baby slugs?

Anthony E Anson 09-05-2003 12:08 AM

Strange wormy things in the compost!

The message
from ojunk (Newbie Gardener) contains these words:

I noticed a week ago shiny trails in my trays of seedlings (like slug trails
but on a much smaller scale). Today on closer inspection I found tiny
worm type
things. They are clear with a black line running down their boddies.
It seems
there are loads of them living on my window sills! Can anyone tell me
what they
are? Or perhaps point me towards a site with photos of wormy bugs?

I always had that feeling about Boddingtons......

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi

Newbie Gardener 11-05-2003 11:08 AM

Strange wormy things in the compost!

Thankyou Victoria - they look just like the ones in the link you posted. It is
quite possible I'm overwatering; I'm fairly new to all this!

Water will be carefully rationed from now on :o)

Lorraine