Old 05-09-2016, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The end of the line?

AS of this morning my news reader failed to log on to URG, News international is asking for a new password, I assume that my subscription has run out.

So I am doing this via google groups, but I cant see me remembering to look if its not there each day in my email program (Thunderbird) is there an easy fix or do I except the situation?
Old 05-09-2016, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 05/09/2016 18:47, Jeff Layman wrote:
http://www.albasani.net/index.html.en

I've been with them for several years. They are very reliable.

I used Albasani when I had no fixed line. Very good. (I now have
Plusnet, which includes a Giganews link)

Andy
Old 15-09-2016, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/09/2016 23:20, charliepridham wrote:
On 05/09/2016 09:59, Chris Green wrote:
wrote:
AS of this morning my news reader failed to log on to URG, News
international
is asking for a new password, I assume that my subscription has run out.

So I am doing this via google groups, but I cant see me remembering to
look if its not there each day in my email program (Thunderbird) is
there
an easy fix or do I except the situation?

Yes, use a free or very cheap news provider and continue with
Thunderbird.

I use news.individual.net (costs 10 Euros per year if I remember
correctly) and news.eternal-september.org which is free.

You don't really need both, I just have them both for redundancy.

Many thanks for all the suggestions, was using News.international but my
subscription ran out and they dont seem interested in it being renewed,
however not to worry as news.eternal-september.org was easy enough to
switch to.

So life has returned to normal :~)

Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
National collections of Clematis viticella & Lapageria rosea

So glad you've fixed yourself up with a new news provider, Charlie. It
would be horrendous to lose your expertise and friendly voice from URG.

--
Spider
On high ground in SE London
Old 16-09-2016, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

I still look in most days, miss some of the old guard mind you cant
blame facebook for all the missing a fair few have gone permanently!

On-line identification Julian Roses 2 15-03-2003 11:44 PM
The Garden Pond Community is back on line Gazman Ponds (alternative) 5 24-02-2003 02:52 PM
Tally OS Feb 2003 Show Table Gallery On-line! Prem Subrahmanyam Gardening 2 07-02-2003 08:12 PM
Tally OS Feb 2003 Show Table Gallery On-line! Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 2 07-02-2003 08:12 PM
On-line fountain sources? [email protected] Gardening 0 26-01-2003 02:09 AM