GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leylandi question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/213789-leylandi-question.html)

Syke[_2_] 16-10-2016 05:56 PM

Leylandi question

Is it too late to trim a Leylandi hedge (Central Scotland)?

Regards and thanks in advance

Syke

Zephirum[_3_] 17-10-2016 03:26 AM

Leylandi question

On 16 Oct 2016 17:56, Syke wrote:
Is it too late to trim a Leylandi hedge (Central Scotland)?

Regards and thanks in advance

Syke

Its never too late to trim one, preferably to ground level.

--
Flying on Per Ardua ad Astra

MuddyMike 17-10-2016 09:15 AM

Leylandi question

On 16/10/2016 17:56, Syke wrote:
Is it too late to trim a Leylandi hedge (Central Scotland)?

Regards and thanks in advance

Syke

I trim mine anytime, its never suffered. Don't trim it back to far,
it'll never green up again if you go back to brown stems.

Mike

Derek[_6_] 17-10-2016 09:56 AM

Leylandi question

On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 17:56:28 +0100, Syke
wrote:

Is it too late to trim a Leylandi hedge (Central Scotland)?

This weekend 'Beechgrove' the Scottish TV gardening program, advised
stopping hedge cutting after September. But if the weather is still
fine, I can't see any problem, and I gave my Leylandi its last trim,
just last week

Jeff Layman[_2_] 17-10-2016 01:31 PM

Leylandi question

On 17/10/16 03:26, Zephirum wrote:
On 16 Oct 2016 17:56, Syke wrote:
Is it too late to trim a Leylandi hedge (Central Scotland)?

Regards and thanks in advance

Syke

Its never too late to trim one, preferably to ground level.

Mine will be trimmed in a month's time, to below ground level (stumps
ground down).

--

Jeff

MuddyMike 24-10-2016 09:32 AM

Leylandi question

On 17/10/2016 13:31, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 17/10/16 03:26, Zephirum wrote:
On 16 Oct 2016 17:56, Syke wrote:
Is it too late to trim a Leylandi hedge (Central Scotland)?

Regards and thanks in advance

Syke

Its never too late to trim one, preferably to ground level.

Mine will be trimmed in a month's time, to below ground level (stumps
ground down).

I started trimming mine on Saturday ;-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsk66rka0b...e%2024-10-2016
%2C%2009%2027%2013.jpeg?dl=0