GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tree Peony, moving / aftercare (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/213871-tree-peony-moving-aftercare.html)

Derek[_6_] 30-10-2016 11:38 AM

Tree Peony, moving / aftercare

Our charity has a chance to aquire an establisted Tree Peony, approx 7
foot tall, possibly 15 year old. So plan to move it and replant,
advice and after care thoughts please.

https://www.facebook.com/Worth-Unlim...4577250648362/

Derek

BobHobden 30-10-2016 10:42 PM

Tree Peony, moving / aftercare

"Derek" wrote

Our charity has a chance to aquire an establisted Tree Peony, approx 7
foot tall, possibly 15 year old. So plan to move it and replant,
advice and after care thoughts please.

https://www.facebook.com/Worth-Unlim...4577250648362/

Don't know about moving one, they do tend to be difficult IME. However at
7ft tall it sounds like it's never been pruned, I prune ours back every few
years in spring to about 4ft, normally half one year and the other the next
to keep it strong and healthy.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

David Hill 30-10-2016 10:56 PM

On 30/10/2016 11:38, Derek wrote:
Our charity has a chance to aquire an establisted Tree Peony, approx 7
foot tall, possibly 15 year old. So plan to move it and replant,
advice and after care thoughts please.

https://www.facebook.com/Worth-Unlim...4577250648362/

Derek

It might be worth doping a line to these people, They might be able to
help http://www.china-plants.com/
They are very large growers of Tree Peony's, nothing to loose.