GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Storing parsnips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/214087-storing-parsnips.html)

Broadback[_3_] 05-12-2016 03:26 PM

Storing parsnips

What is the easiest and best way to store parsnips that I have had to
dig up please?

[email protected] 07-12-2016 10:39 AM

Storing parsnips

On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 3:26:46 PM UTC, Broadback wrote:
What is the easiest and best way to store parsnips that I have had to
dig up please?

In a cool place (fridge). They are best left in the ground until needed.

Jonathan

David Hill 07-12-2016 06:28 PM

Storing parsnips

On 07/12/2016 10:39, wrote:
On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 3:26:46 PM UTC, Broadback wrote:
What is the easiest and best way to store parsnips that I have had to
dig up please?

In a cool place (fridge). They are best left in the ground until needed.

Jonathan

Not in the fridge

No idea if you have half a dozen or a couple of cwt of them.
I do wonder why you lifted them.
If you can find a cool spot outside and cover them with sacking or
netting and cover that with 6 inches or so of soil, or an insulated box
and store them in damp peat or compost They mustn't dry out or be to wet.

See
https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=666