GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The RHS and Sheffield Uni research (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/214141-rhs-sheffield-uni-research.html)

BobHobden 15-12-2016 05:29 PM

The RHS and Sheffield Uni research

The RHS and Sheffield University are doing research into gardening and the
benefits it has on people in so many ways.
Please take time to do the questionnaire below.....

https://sheffieldpsychology.eu.qualt...6ZsZy7hqCIw0mx

Thanks
Bob Hobden

Jeff Layman[_2_] 15-12-2016 07:43 PM

The RHS and Sheffield Uni research

On 15/12/16 17:37, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2016 17:29:36 -0000, "BobHobden"
wrote:

The RHS and Sheffield University are doing research into gardening and the
benefits it has on people in so many ways.
Please take time to do the questionnaire below.....

https://sheffieldpsychology.eu.qualt...6ZsZy7hqCIw0mx

Thanks
Bob Hobden

Can't get beyond 1st page. Clicking on the Yes or No at the bottom of
the page does nothing.

No problem for me. Do script blockers interfere?

There is an awful lot of irrelevant crap which starts around halfway
through the survey, and which, IMHO has absolutely nothing to do
specifically about gardening (various questions about your state of
mind, how you feel about things, etc. And of course your ethnic
group...). Despite what the survey intro says, there is nothing to link
these mental states and other points with gardening. I ignored these,
but be aware there are some questions that once you put one answer in,
you cannot go back and "not" answer the question without reloading the
webpages and having to start the survey again.

--

Jeff

Andy Burns[_7_] 15-12-2016 09:12 PM

Chris Hogg wrote:

Can't get beyond 1st page. Clicking on the Yes or No at the bottom of
the page does nothing.

Silly Q: you did click "next" after clicking "yes"?

Vir Campestris 15-12-2016 09:34 PM

On 15/12/2016 17:29, BobHobden wrote:
The RHS and Sheffield University are doing research into gardening and
the benefits it has on people in so many ways.
Please take time to do the questionnaire below.....

https://sheffieldpsychology.eu.qualt...6ZsZy7hqCIw0mx

How much of your front garden is plants?

Completely unclear to me whether or not that includes the lawn.

Andy

Jeff Layman[_2_] 15-12-2016 09:51 PM

On 15/12/16 21:34, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 15/12/2016 17:29, BobHobden wrote:
The RHS and Sheffield University are doing research into gardening and
the benefits it has on people in so many ways.
Please take time to do the questionnaire below.....

https://sheffieldpsychology.eu.qualt...6ZsZy7hqCIw0mx

How much of your front garden is plants?

Completely unclear to me whether or not that includes the lawn.

Andy

Well, grass /is/ a plant, but it's a trick question if you have Astroturf...

--

Jeff

Janet 15-12-2016 11:08 PM

The RHS and Sheffield Uni research

In article , lid
says...

wrote:

The RHS and Sheffield University are doing research into gardening and the
benefits it has on people in so many ways.
Please take time to do the questionnaire below.....

https://sheffieldpsychology.eu.qualt...6ZsZy7hqCIw0mx

Thanks
Bob Hobden

Can't get beyond 1st page. Clicking on the Yes or No at the bottom of
the page does nothing.

No problem for me. Do script blockers interfere?

There is an awful lot of irrelevant crap which starts around halfway
through the survey, and which, IMHO has absolutely nothing to do
specifically about gardening (various questions about your state of
mind, how you feel about things, etc. And of course your ethnic
group...).

Researchers need to know about your mental health and happiness so
they can link it to the amount of concrete in your front garden and
where you park the car.

"Walking without a dog" must be more relevant to gardening than
walking without a stick, or bunions, but I'm not feeling very confident
about the outcome of this research.

Janet

alan_m 21-12-2016 10:40 PM

The RHS and Sheffield Uni research

On 15/12/2016 17:29, BobHobden wrote:
The RHS and Sheffield University are doing research into gardening and
the benefits it has on people in so many ways.
Please take time to do the questionnaire below.....

https://sheffieldpsychology.eu.qualt...6ZsZy7hqCIw0mx

Thanks
Bob Hobden

It seems to be little to do with gardening