Old 30-12-2016, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Default Foam in wheelbarrow tyres then become flatproof ?

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4

What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?
Old 30-12-2016, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

john.west wrote:

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4

What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

Ordinary builders foam should be fine. It needs a little moisture to
cure so when you are filling it up with the polystyrene solids add a
little water in too ready for the foam injection.
Old 30-12-2016, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

Bob Minchin wrote:

john.west wrote:

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?
What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

Ordinary builders foam should be fine. It needs a little moisture to
cure so when you are filling it up with the polystyrene solids add a
little water in too ready for the foam injection.

Maybe don't take too many tips from this bloke though

https://youtu.be/7p7U27r_kGg

Old 30-12-2016, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 30/12/2016 15:35, Andy Burns wrote:
Maybe don't take too many tips from this bloke though

Or this one

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#foam

Andy
--
-uk.d-i-y who will already have seen it.
Old 30-12-2016, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
DJC DJC is offline

On 30/12/16 14:02, john.west wrote:

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4

What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

You can buy puncture proof (solid) wheelbarrow tyres. They are not as
good as proper pneumatic tyres, it's feels like pushing a flat tyre if
there is any load.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/select-fla...diameter/64203

http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mvf...ure-free-wheel

--
djc

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.

Old 31-12-2016, 06:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

DJC wrote :
You can buy puncture proof (solid) wheelbarrow tyres. They are not as good
as proper pneumatic tyres, it's feels like pushing a flat tyre if there is
any load.

They sell foam filled ones for caravan/trailer jockey wheels too, so I
tried one. They initially show promise, but rapidly go flat if weight
is left on them. The one I tried, simply stayed flat and came
completely off its rim.
Old 31-12-2016, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 14:02:43 +0000, "john.west"
wrote:

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4
What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

Why bother? I replaced the wheel on the Barrow with a solid one, I got
mine from a carboot, but just checked ebay, plenty on offer

Old 31-12-2016, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

"john.west" wrote

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4

What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

Considering the cost of a can of foam, which is seldom any good again once
used, and your work it's just as cheap to buy a new wheel and tyre for £10.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pneumatic-T...neumatic+tyres

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 31-12-2016, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In message , Derek
writes
wrote:

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4
What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

Why bother? I replaced the wheel on the Barrow with a solid one, I got
mine from a carboot, but just checked ebay, plenty on offer

If you are going to that bother, use a tyre having more tread plies than
the 0.5 ply:-) found on most supplied for barrows.

--
Tim Lamb
Old 31-12-2016, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

wrote:

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4
What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

Why bother? I replaced the wheel on the Barrow with a solid one, I got
mine from a carboot, but just checked ebay, plenty on offer

try 1/6 tonne of sand and cement on a solid wheel..

Old 31-12-2016, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
ARW ARW is offline

On 30/12/2016 15:35, Andy Burns wrote:

Maybe don't take too many tips from this bloke though

https://youtu.be/7p7U27r_kGg

:-)

--
Adam
Old 31-12-2016, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

In article , says...

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4

What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

My barrow used to be very susceptible to puncture from thorns, but
hasn't needed attention for a few years since using a liquid goo
preparation that is used by cyclists. I can't remember the brand name,
but application is simple - remove valve, introduce goo, replace valve
and spin wheel to evenly distribute goo. Re-inflate, cup of tea, then
ready to go.

Steve

Old 31-12-2016, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 31/12/2016 08:59, BobHobden wrote:
"john.west" wrote

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4

What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

Considering the cost of a can of foam, which is seldom any good again
once used, and your work it's just as cheap to buy a new wheel and tyre
for £10.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pneumatic-T...neumatic+tyres

Seconded.

My Amazonian wheel works fine.
Old 31-12-2016, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

john.west wrote:

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4

What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

I reckon I could remove a wheelbarrow tyre, fix the puncture with a cycle
repair kit, and refit the wheel in under 10 minutes.

If you purchased a spare wheel so you could fix the punctured one at your
leisure, it would take only two minutes to swap them.

I can't imagine any wheelbarrow-related task that would suffer from a two
minute delay...

Chris

--
Remove prejudice to reply.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance

On 31/12/2016 7:05 AM, DJC wrote:
On 30/12/16 14:02, john.west wrote:

Foam in Allotment wheelbarrow tyres become flat proof ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbRfspyxW4

What kind of foam might we be able to get in the U.K. ?

You can buy puncture proof (solid) wheelbarrow tyres. They are not as
good as proper pneumatic tyres, it's feels like pushing a flat tyre if
there is any load.

We prefer barrows with a solid tyre. We've had a wheelbarrow with a
solid tyre for at least 40 years and it's the chosen one for all
wheelbarrowing. We even got rid of our 'bought at much expense' barrow
with a pneumatic tyre. It was too irritating.

using old tyres Broadback United Kingdom 1 27-02-2006 10:30 PM
Old tyres on allotment Zinc Potterman United Kingdom 20 24-02-2006 04:42 PM
Growing spuds in tyres Vicky United Kingdom 11 02-05-2004 06:09 PM
Wormery from tyres? picti United Kingdom 1 10-05-2003 04:20 PM
Growing potatoes in tyres Natalie United Kingdom 5 24-02-2003 02:42 PM