GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flowers In Barrel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/214350-flowers-barrel.html)

Judith in England 24-01-2017 06:46 PM

Flowers In Barrel

I have acquired half a barrel which I am going to put in my garden.

I want to have bright/colourful flowers in it - all year round - or for as
long as possible - swapping them in/out as necessary.

I am thinking of Bizzy Lizzies - Primulas - Polyanthus - any other
suggestions or comments please.

Jeff Layman[_2_] 24-01-2017 08:17 PM

Flowers In Barrel

On 24/01/17 18:46, Judith in England wrote:
I have acquired half a barrel which I am going to put in my garden.

I want to have bright/colourful flowers in it - all year round - or for as
long as possible - swapping them in/out as necessary.

I am thinking of Bizzy Lizzies - Primulas - Polyanthus - any other
suggestions or comments please.

Marigold (Tagetes) "Naughty Marietta". It flowers from around June to
November.
Lobelia "Crystal Palace" or another trailing/pendant lobelia.
Dwarf Nasturtium to trail over the barrel edge (it will survive not
being watered if you forget and everything else dies).

--

Jeff

Derek[_6_] 25-01-2017 08:32 AM

Flowers In Barrel

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 18:46:35 +0000, Judith in England
wrote:

I am thinking of Bizzy Lizzies - Primulas - Polyanthus - any other
suggestions or comments please.

Trailing Fuchsia, (not surprisingly) they will start flowing a bit
later, but go on to the first frosts!

Judith in England 25-01-2017 09:56 AM

Flowers In Barrel

wrote:

I have acquired half a barrel which I am going to put in my garden.

I want to have bright/colourful flowers in it - all year round - or for as
long as possible - swapping them in/out as necessary.

I am thinking of Bizzy Lizzies - Primulas - Polyanthus - any other
suggestions or comments please.

Many thanks Jeff and Chris for suggestions