GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spring yet? - pruning (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/214358-spring-yet-pruning.html)

David[_24_] 30-01-2017 11:05 AM

Spring yet? - pruning

After some frosts it is now warmer.

Stuff seems to be sprouting.

Is it time to prune Wisteria, grape vines and apple trees before
everything starts growing again?

Cheers

Dave R

---

Bob Hobden[_6_] 30-01-2017 06:45 PM

Spring yet? - pruning

On 30 Jan 2017 11:05:39 GMT, David wrote:
After some frosts it is now warmer.

Stuff seems to be sprouting.

Is it time to prune Wisteria, grape vines and apple trees before
everything starts growing again?

Cheers

Dave R

---

I always prune my Wisteria just before Christmas, so now is a good time
before the flower buds start to swell.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

David[_24_] 01-02-2017 07:36 PM

Spring yet? - pruning

On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 18:45:58 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

On 30 Jan 2017 11:05:39 GMT, David wrote:
After some frosts it is now warmer.

Stuff seems to be sprouting.

Is it time to prune Wisteria, grape vines and apple trees before
everything starts growing again?

Cheers

Dave R

---

I always prune my Wisteria just before Christmas, so now is a good time
before the flower buds start to swell.

Flower buds?

I dream of flower buds.........

In temporary pot (hah!) waiting for the garden redesign.

Cheers

Dave R

---