GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help with plant ID (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/214557-help-plant-id.html)

[email protected] 23-04-2017 09:11 PM

Help with plant ID

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me to identify the following plants, seen today at Cliveden House National Trust property. Typically, neither had identifying tags, when everything around them did!

http://www.ianwaddell.com/images/File_000.jpeg
http://www.ianwaddell.com/images/File_001.jpeg

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,
Ian

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 24-04-2017 10:46 AM

Help with plant ID

On 23/04/2017 21:11, wrote:
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me to identify the following plants, seen today at Cliveden House National Trust property. Typically, neither had identifying tags, when everything around them did!

http://www.ianwaddell.com/images/File_000.jpeg
http://www.ianwaddell.com/images/File_001.jpeg

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,
Ian

Second picture is Persicaria 'Red Dragon' not sure about the first

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall

david 24-04-2017 12:27 PM

Help with plant ID

On 24/04/2017 10:46, Charlie Pridham wrote:
On 23/04/2017 21:11, wrote:
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me to identify the following
plants, seen today at Cliveden House National Trust property.
Typically, neither had identifying tags, when everything around them did!

http://www.ianwaddell.com/images/File_000.jpeg
http://www.ianwaddell.com/images/File_001.jpeg

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,
Ian

Second picture is Persicaria 'Red Dragon' not sure about the first

My first thought was delphyniums

[email protected] 24-04-2017 12:41 PM

Help with plant ID

Thanks both. I am not sure the first is Delphiniums - having looked at photos online the plant structure seems different.

indigo 24-04-2017 01:51 PM

Help with plant ID

On 24/04/2017 12:41, wrote:
Thanks both. I am not sure the first is Delphiniums - having looked at photos online the

plant structure seems different.

The foliage looks very like Kirengeshoma palmata, which likes a shady
moist area and has graceful lemon yellow bell flowers. Could this be it?

https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/9729/K...almata/Details

--
Sue

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 24-04-2017 02:21 PM

Help with plant ID

In article ,
Indigo wrote:
On 24/04/2017 12:41, wrote:
Thanks both. I am not sure the first is Delphiniums - having looked at

photos online the
plant structure seems different.

The foliage looks very like Kirengeshoma palmata, which likes a shady
moist area and has graceful lemon yellow bell flowers. Could this be it?

https://www.rhs.org.uk/Plants/9729/K...almata/Details

It's not delphinium, anyway.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

[email protected] 24-04-2017 03:22 PM

Help with plant ID

That's the one! Thanks so much!

Janet 24-04-2017 03:47 PM

Help with plant ID

In article ,
says...

That's the one! Thanks so much!

For the sake of the rest of the group, it would be useful if you'd
said which one.

Janet

[email protected] 25-04-2017 09:35 PM

Help with plant ID