GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shrub ID please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/214597-shrub-id-please.html)

David56802 04-05-2017 11:59 PM

Shrub ID please

1 Attachment(s)
It looks familiar but I'm damned if I can work out what it is!

Jeff Layman[_2_] 05-05-2017 08:08 AM

Shrub ID please

On 04/05/17 23:59, David56802 wrote:
It looks familiar but I'm damned if I can work out what it is!

|Filename: unknown_1.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16524|

When was that photo taken? It looks like a Japanese anemone to me, and
they flower in late summer to early autumn.

--

Jeff

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 05-05-2017 09:33 AM

Shrub ID please

On 05/05/2017 08:08, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 5 May 2017 00:59:11 +0200, David56802
wrote:

It looks familiar but I'm damned if I can work out what it is!

|Filename: unknown_1.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16524|

Rubus tridel 'Beneden'? http://tinyurl.com/khkcv4n

Agreed, used to have one, very nice, died in mysterious circumstances!

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall

David56802 05-05-2017 11:26 PM

Thanks guys. I've seen this shrub growing in several hedgerows in Edinburgh, and at first I assumed it was a shrub rose but then I noticed there were no 'prickles' and that the leaves were more like flowering currant. The flower is very similar to the Japanese anemone.