Old 18-05-2017, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pelargonium/geranium variety "Video"

Around 20 years ago I raised 12 plants of a
miniature/compact pelargonium/geranium from
F! seeds of a variety called "Video".

As intended I gave most away but
overwintered one to keep. Unfortunately
through my own fault this looks to be
on its last legs. I'm trying cuttings
but ideally would like to grow again
from seed.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find this variety
online - a name like "Video" doesn't exactly help
search engines or even growers websites concentrate
on the matter in hand although I'm sure this variety
was still available around ten years ago.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Alec

Old 19-05-2017, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18 May 2017 10:23, "Alec" wrote:
Around 20 years ago I raised 12 plants of a
miniature/compact pelargonium/geranium from
F! seeds of a variety called "Video".

As intended I gave most away but
overwintered one to keep. Unfortunately
through my own fault this looks to be
on its last legs. I'm trying cuttings
but ideally would like to grow again
from seed.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find this variety
online - a name like "Video" doesn't exactly help
search engines or even growers websites concentrate
on the matter in hand although I'm sure this variety
was still available around ten years ago.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Give Fibrex Nursery a mail. They are heavily into the Chelsea show and
others but I found them helpful in the past and I know they keep old
varieties hidden away.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 21-05-2017, 01:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message news
On 18 May 2017 10:23, "Alec" wrote:
Around 20 years ago I raised 12 plants of a
miniature/compact pelargonium/geranium from
F! seeds of a variety called "Video".

As intended I gave most away but
overwintered one to keep. Unfortunately
through my own fault this looks to be
on its last legs. I'm trying cuttings
but ideally would like to grow again
from seed.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find this variety
online - a name like "Video" doesn't exactly help
search engines or even growers websites concentrate
on the matter in hand although I'm sure this variety
was still available around ten years ago.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Give Fibrex Nursery a mail. They are heavily into the Chelsea show and
others but I found them helpful in the past and I know they keep old
varieties hidden away.

Thanks, will do. Much appreciated.

Alec