Old 21-05-2017, 11:09 AM
Registered User

Default High water pressure, need hose accessories!

You could cut concrete with our water pressure! My problem is that hose fittings like watering 'guns' or wands get you drenched as the water sprays out all around the join between the hose and the fitting, as in- the gun can't handle the pressure of the water coming through the hose.

Any ideas of a solution, or a brand that might be 'man' enough? A google search is difficult because all the results are for guns that deliver high pressure (Karcher-like) rather than can handle high initial water pressure.

Thanks
Old 21-05-2017, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

miljee wrote:

You could cut concrete with our water pressure!

Rather than looking for hoses and fitting that can cope with excessive
pressure, could you get a PRV (pressure regulating valve) fitted either
to the whole house, or just to your outside tap? e.g.

screwfix.com/p/prv/41943

Old 23-05-2017, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/05/2017 11:34, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article ,
says...

You could cut concrete with our water pressure! My problem is that hose
fittings like watering 'guns' or wands get you drenched as the water
sprays out all around the join between the hose and the fitting, as in-
the gun can't handle the pressure of the water coming through the hose.

Hozelock claim to have some smart new connectors that can tolerate high
water pressure and not leak. No idea if they are any good or not. Mine
tend to fail by the O-rings degrading with sunshine and air.

Any ideas of a solution, or a brand that might be 'man' enough? A google
search is difficult because all the results are for guns that deliver
high pressure (Karcher-like) rather than can handle high initial water
pressure.

Thanks

Surely you just need to open the mains tap a little bit, not at
full blast!

You are still in trouble when you stop the flow and the pressure in the
pipe goes back to the actual mains pressure.

Alternatively, there should be a stop cock somewhere outside
the house, near the water main. Try shutting this a bit!

Fine while there is a water flow but as soon as you take your finger off
the trigger you get water leaking on all the joints. Our water pressure
is a bit on the fierce side but pinholes leaks from the slightly
perished hose is my main problem. The joints hold OK.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Any tips for preventing hozelok connectors coming off the hose, under pressure? Jim xzy United Kingdom 37 14-03-2012 09:21 PM
High pressure, cold nights David WE Roberts United Kingdom 7 11-12-2009 12:53 PM
Water pressure for hose groggey Lawns 9 28-05-2003 06:56 AM
CO2 high pressure question The Nymans Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 20-04-2003 06:21 AM
Hydrofarm 430W Growlight HPS (High Pressure Sodium) Massachusetts Ken Koellner Orchids 0 22-02-2003 06:03 PM