Old 24-05-2017, 09:14 PM
Registered User

Default Help Please?

Hi all
I have just brought a Spear & Jackson SPJGT3 strimmer but te pull cord doesn't retract. I opened the unit and rewound the cord put it back gether, pulled the cord and it turned the strimmer over but only until the cord is fully pulled then I am left with the cord hanging out. Looed round net and some mention about the spring etc but I have no idea if the unit can b taken apart.
Anyone familiar with these units? Hopesomeone can help.
Thanks
Mark
Old 25-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Registered User

Hi Chris
Brought it sometime back in readiness for my move from fleabay, ok mechanical wise so thanks for the manual. The coil housing has what looks like from the exploded diagram a screw that comes out so i will see if i can take the thing apart. Anything special i need to be aware of.
Thanks again
Mark
Old 25-05-2017, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/05/2017 20:14, 3pinplug wrote:
Hi all
I have just brought a Spear & Jackson SPJGT3 strimmer but te pull cord
doesn't retract. I opened the unit and rewound the cord put it back
gether, pulled the cord and it turned the strimmer over but only until
the cord is fully pulled then I am left with the cord hanging out. Looed
round net and some mention about the spring etc but I have no idea if
the unit can b taken apart.
Anyone familiar with these units? Hopesomeone can help.
Thanks
Mark

I think if you google "Fitting a new pull cord" or something like that
you will find a couple of very usefull videos showing you how to do it,
thee are a couple of tricks that make it easier.
David@a sunny side of Swansea Bay