Old 27-05-2017, 12:12 AM
Registered User

Location: County Kerry, Ireland
Default best brackets for hanging baskets

Hello,
I need advice on which brackets to buy for my hanging baskets. I want to put them on the wall of my house. I don't want them to rust as we have repainted and the last brackets left an ugly stain down the wall. They also need to be strong. I got some from my local shop for a timber fence and the following day they bent.
Old 27-05-2017, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27 May 2017 13:31, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 27 May 2017 00:12:51 +0100, kerrygirl
wrote:

Hello,
I need advice on which brackets to buy for my hanging baskets. I want

put them on the wall of my house. I don't want them to rust as we have
repainted and the last brackets left an ugly stain down the wall. They
also need to be strong. I got some from my local shop for a timber

fence
and the following day they bent.

You need them made from stainless steel. Plenty to choose from here,
depending on what style you want: http://tinyurl.com/y7tdvz5o Just
click on an image, the on the 'visit page' tab that appears alongside
the enlarged image, and choose. Make sure they are actually stated as
stainless steel though, because I suspect not all the images are of SS
varieties. Remember that you'll also need to use stainless steel
screws to fix them, otherwise the screws will rust and look just as
bad. Brass screws might also do.

As for brackets bending, they were obviously not up to the job you
gave them. Cut down on the size of basket, or get heavier-duty
brackets. Brackets with a supporting strut or framework will be
stronger than those that are simply a right-angle or shepherd's crook.

Anyone any idea why these Tiny URL links never ever work for me. PC
running Win 10 64 bit.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 27-05-2017, 11:05 PM
Registered User

Location: County Kerry, Ireland

Chris, thank you so much for all that helpful information. Now I know what to look for.
Old 28-05-2017, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

It is not a Win10 64 bit problem because the links work for my Win10 64 bit PC.

OK, that points to something else. The Tiny URL opens a page but says
page not found which is strange if it's being blocked by anti-virus
(McAfee and Malwarebytes).

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 28-05-2017, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

I have Norton Security and MS Defender in our PCs. So it could be McAfee and
Malwarebytes. Do they provide a log of what has been blocked and why?

I use Malwarebytes and have no problems seeing it.
David @ a brighter side of Swansea Bay

Old 28-05-2017, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I need advice on which brackets to buy for my hanging baskets.

I went to a maker of iron gates, they make the gates because thats
what sells, but they were more than happy to get back to being
blacksmiths. We drew out a design in chalk on his bench and I had
three made, You need to know what size of basket you are going to use,
mine are 18" diam.
My brackets are unigue, have lasted over thirty years, painted every
couple of years. Expensive? not as much as you may think, The
Blacksmith enjoyed showing his skills.