Old 24-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Registered User

Default Alternative to box ball?

Am in southern Hampshire.

Un fortunately my 2 magnificent topiaried box balls succumbed to box blight! I have disposed of them and the soil, so a couple of questions:

What should I scrub the pots with (Lead light-weight look-alike)? And what similar sort of thing can I replace them with?

Many thanks.
Old 25-07-2017, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/07/2017 18:12, miljee wrote:
Am in southern Hampshire.

Un fortunately my 2 magnificent topiaried box balls succumbed to box
blight! I have disposed of them and the soil, so a couple of questions:

What should I scrub the pots with (Lead light-weight look-alike)? And
what similar sort of thing can I replace them with?

Many thanks.

You could try one of the small leaved myrtles like Luma chequen they
have been moved about a bit name wise !

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall
Old 26-07-2017, 08:34 PM
Registered User

Thanks! Will do some more investigating.

ball;ing on Aloha dave weil Roses 3 03-08-2003 07:42 PM
Ball on lawn David Hill United Kingdom 0 16-07-2003 06:05 AM
Root ball question clipster Gardening 2 18-05-2003 06:32 PM
English box, Japanese box growth. Which faster? Nick Cook Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
Telegraph : Odd ball letter starts maths puzzle mania Tarzan United Kingdom 3 09-02-2003 09:19 AM