Old 19-08-2017, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Japanese Anemone's

Taken from another group I belong to
The question is about Anemone x Hybrida and Anemone Hupenesis. I guess
due to their bad press of being invasive etc is the reason I can't find
any posts. I have just two plants at present (hoping to acquire more
over time) "Honorine Jobert" and "September Charm" and I find them no
more invasive than any other perennial and wondered if anyone who grows
them can give me guidance on their general care etc.
David@a rain free side of Swansea bay
Old 24-08-2017, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/08/2017 10:02, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 19 Aug 2017 20:35:45 +0100, David
wrote:

Taken from another group I belong to
The question is about Anemone x Hybrida and Anemone Hupenesis. I guess
due to their bad press of being invasive etc is the reason I can't find
any posts. I have just two plants at present (hoping to acquire more
over time) "Honorine Jobert" and "September Charm" and I find them no
more invasive than any other perennial and wondered if anyone who grows
them can give me guidance on their general care etc.
David@a rain free side of Swansea bay

Seeing as how nobody's replied to you, I'll offer my ha'porth. They
seem easy enough to grow. My late mother had them in partially shaded
spots in her garden, white ones and pink ones, but I don't know the
varieties. Her soil was a heavy loam, neutral to very slightly acid,
i.e. pH 6.5 - 7, and being in West Cornwall, very mild with only
occasional light frosts. They do spread, perhaps more rapidly than
some perennials, but I wouldn't call them invasive. They can be kept
under control without too much effort just by digging around the clump
periodically and removing the suckering roots.

Wish they would be invasive here, I cant get them to grow!

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall

Japanese Anemone Ben Tuinman Gardening 1 22-08-2004 04:33 AM
Japanese anemone's, charcoal blister beetles and a long ramble madgardener Gardening 4 20-07-2004 09:02 AM
Japanese Anemone Janice United Kingdom 0 03-10-2003 01:03 AM
Anemone blanda showing? Hussein M. United Kingdom 8 16-04-2003 02:20 AM
anemone coronaria papa United Kingdom 1 06-12-2002 09:03 PM