GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Large balls of garden string (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/214893-large-balls-garden-string.html)

Compo in Caithness[_2_] 29-08-2017 09:46 AM

Large balls of garden string

I have just finished a huge old bale of famer's string and would like to buy some more. Problem is: where does one get huge balls or bales of string from these days?

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 29-08-2017 09:54 AM

Large balls of garden string

In article ,
Compo in Caithness wrote:
I have just finished a huge old bale of famer's string and would like to
buy some more. Problem is: where does one get huge balls or bales of
string from these days?

You mean binder twine? I get it from Mackays, but it's not obvious
how to order it on their Web page (they do online) - however, they
are competent on the telephone, so you could ask. Alternatively,
searching for it finds it.

https://www.mackay.co.uk/

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

philgurr 29-08-2017 05:15 PM

"Compo in Caithness" wrote in message
I have just finished a huge old bale of famer's string and would like to buy some more.
Problem is: where does one get huge balls or bales of string from these days?

---
http://www.avg.com

W.A. Geddes, 7 River Street, Wick, 01955602207

Phil

Andy Burns[_7_] 29-08-2017 07:37 PM

Compo in Caithness wrote:

I have just finished a huge old bale of famer's string and would like
to buy some more. Problem is: where does one get huge balls or bales
of string from these days?

Was going to suggest e.g. Mole Valley Farmers, but they seem to only
sell synthetic twine, so online?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sisal-Baler-Twine/dp/B01N24H4RT

Compo in Caithness[_2_] 31-08-2017 11:17 AM

Large balls of garden string

W.A. Geddes, 7 River Street, Wick, 01955602207

Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the tip but they only sell nylon binder twine.

Compo in Caithness[_2_] 31-08-2017 11:38 AM

Large balls of garden string

On Tuesday, 29 August 2017 09:58:53 UTC+1, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Compo in Caithness wrote:
I have just finished a huge old bale of famer's string and would like to
buy some more. Problem is: where does one get huge balls or bales of
string from these days?

You mean binder twine? I get it from Mackays, but it's not obvious
how to order it on their Web page (they do online) - however, they
are competent on the telephone, so you could ask. Alternatively,
searching for it finds it.

https://www.mackay.co.uk/

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks Nick. they have a 2.5kg ball - I will contact them for details.

Compo in Caithness[_2_] 31-08-2017 11:40 AM

On Tuesday, 29 August 2017 19:37:08 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
Compo in Caithness wrote:

I have just finished a huge old bale of famer's string and would like
to buy some more. Problem is: where does one get huge balls or bales
of string from these days?

Was going to suggest e.g. Mole Valley Farmers, but they seem to only
sell synthetic twine, so online?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sisal-Baler-Twine/dp/B01N24H4RT

That's the stuff, Andy! Cheers.

tonydimnick 31-08-2017 02:11 PM

I also have one back at home. in my yard. huge