Old 26-12-2017, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blasted mice

They have "found" my shed and decided my petrol vacuum/blower is fair
game. Having eaten a hole on the vacuum bag chewed a strap they have
now eaten the plastic small petrol pump, rendering it useless until I
get another. What will the beasts not climb, so that I can protect it in
future?
Old 26-12-2017, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Broadback wrote:
They have "found" my shed and decided my petrol vacuum/blower is fair
game. Having eaten a hole on the vacuum bag chewed a strap they have
now eaten the plastic small petrol pump, rendering it useless until I
get another. What will the beasts not climb, so that I can protect it in
future?

Shiny/smooth plastic usually works OK in my experience. E.g. mice
won't get into plastic dustbins as long as they're reasonably smooth
and there's nothing leaning against them to 'bridge' the smoothness.

This from keeping horse feed and such (*very* attractive to mice and
rats) over several years. The thick plastic and/or paper bags that the
feed comes in aren't in general rat/mouse proof, plastic better than
paper but get eaten through in the end.

--
Chris Green
·
Old 30-12-2017, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 18:44:13 -0000, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

Friend of ours house got flooded/wrecked when mice chewed
through plastic water pipes in the loft!

We once had a large (7-meter) satellite dish disabled by squirrels
chewing on the cables to the microwave antenna at the center. Accused
the vendor of using acorn-flavored coaxial cables. The fellow who
drew the short straw to evict them said they were NOT happy.

---
http://www.avg.com

Mice blasted mice Broadback[_2_] United Kingdom 42 22-12-2009 07:06 PM
Blasted mice Broadback United Kingdom 20 17-02-2007 05:45 PM
help - blasted squirrels garden virgin United Kingdom 14 01-05-2006 11:57 AM
Those Blasted Junipers Iris Cohen Plant Science 3 08-12-2003 09:42 PM
Aargh! Blasted Orchids! Diana Kulaga Orchids 4 08-03-2003 09:25 PM