GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where can I find Sekai Ichi apple in UK or Europe? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215161-where-can-i-find-sekai-ichi-apple-uk-europe.html)

hereistay 13-01-2018 04:13 PM

Where can I find Sekai Ichi apple in UK or Europe?

Hi!
I'm searching for Sekai Ichi grafted plants or scion-woods.
It is a Japanese cultivar and it is available in USA but I can't find anything about in Europe.
Please, can you help me?
Thank you very much!

Martin Brown[_2_] 16-01-2018 09:13 AM

On 13/01/2018 16:13, hereistay wrote:
Hi!
I'm searching for Sekai Ichi grafted plants or scion-woods.
It is a Japanese cultivar and it is available in USA but I can't find
anything about in Europe.

This lot which seem to be an offshoot of a US firm have it in their
pollenation database. I wonder how well it will do in the UK though.

https://www.orangepippintrees.co.uk/...er.aspx?v=1899

Size isn't everything and although they are like the melons sold for
incredible prices in Japan you may well tire of them. They are a
supposedly a cross between "Golden delicious" and "Red Delicious".

They aren't shy in its description "literally" "worlds No #1" apple.

I do grow a variety of Japanese nashi pear and it is pot luck whether
the season is long enough for it to ripen (or the flowers get frosted
and no fruit sets at all). You may be better off picking an apple
variety more suited for UK climate at our higher latitude.

Please, can you help me?
Thank you very much!

I guess it depends if you like soft sweet ~1kg eating apples.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

hereistay 16-01-2018 08:03 PM

Sorry, I'm from Italy, no problem here for ripening and pollination! :D

janemayland 17-01-2018 11:03 AM

Oh wow yes I just love the Sekai Ichi apple, didnt think you can get it here?

David Rance[_3_] 17-01-2018 10:07 PM

Welcome

On Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:06:53 janemayland wrote:

Thank you, I am new so thanks for the heads up. I am not so good on
computers so I hope I find it easy to use.

You're most welcome. Do ask if there's anything we can help you with.

David

hereistay 27-01-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janemayland (Post 1027553)
Oh wow yes I just love the Sekai Ichi apple, didnt think you can get it here?

Just found only one a website in uk.
They told me they have Sekai Ichi scion-woods.
I bought some scions and I'm
waiting for them.
Hope they will be what they say it is...