Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Tyson Cooper

Default Unhealthy Olive tree..... (0/1)

Hi,

Can anybody give me any insight on what migth be wrong with my Olive
tree? The tree is located in London, and appears to have some sort of
fungal infection along with a large number of tiny spider-like bugs
which may or may be contributing to the problem. I am new to posting
on Usenet, and just trying to configure my newsreader to properly send
photos. I am attempting to attach 2 photos to this message in
UUencoded format, but my last attempt didn't work. If there isn't
anything with this message, just watch the thread, I'm sure i'll
figure it out eventually!

Thanks,
Tyson Cooper

Oh yeah, I'm also trying to avoid spammers, so I think I've enetered
my e-mail address as "plain english".... just replace the "dots" with
"." and the "at" with "@".
Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Tyson Cooper

Damn... I just can't seem to get the photos to attach! Back to the
drawing board.....

Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Elizabeth

"Tyson Cooper" tyson dot cooper at dsl dot pipex dot com wrote in message
Can anybody give me any insight on what migth be wrong with my Olive
tree? The tree is located in London, and appears to have some sort of
fungal infection along with a large number of tiny spider-like bugs
which may or may be contributing to the problem. I am new to posting
on Usenet, and just trying to configure my newsreader to properly send
photos. I am attempting to attach 2 photos to this message in
UUencoded format, but my last attempt didn't work. If there isn't
anything with this message, just watch the thread, I'm sure i'll
figure it out eventually!

They won't display here, you need to upload them somewhere and then post a
link.

Regards

Elizabeth

Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Tyson Cooper

Hi,

Are attachments stripped out? Even in text (UUencoded) form?

Tyson

Old 09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Tyson Cooper
writes

Are attachments stripped out? Even in text (UUencoded) form?

usenet servers don't allow binary attachments (imagine the extra
worldwide traffic and storage that would generate) and if you did manage
attach one you'd probably lose your ISP account

--
dave @ stejonda

?why do Americans chatter during live theatre?

Old 09-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Jane Ransom

In article , dave @ stejonda
writes
In message , Tyson Cooper
writes

Are attachments stripped out? Even in text (UUencoded) form?

usenet servers don't allow binary attachments (imagine the extra
worldwide traffic and storage that would generate) and if you did manage
attach one you'd probably lose your ISP account

Not to mention all the flaming replies you would receive here!!
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,

Old 09-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Anthony E Anson

The message
from Tyson Cooper tyson dot cooper at dsl dot pipex dot com contains
these words:

Can anybody give me any insight on what migth be wrong with my Olive
tree? The tree is located in London, and appears to have some sort of
fungal infection along with a large number of tiny spider-like bugs
which may or may be contributing to the problem. I am new to posting
on Usenet, and just trying to configure my newsreader to properly send
photos. I am attempting to attach 2 photos to this message in
UUencoded format, but my last attempt didn't work. If there isn't
anything with this message, just watch the thread, I'm sure i'll
figure it out eventually!

You won't, because most, if not all ISPs strip binaries out of newsitems.

--
Tony
Replace solidi with dots to reply: tony/anson snailything zetnet/co/uk

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi
Old 09-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Anthony E Anson

The message
from "Tyson Cooper" tyson dot cooper at dsl dot pipex dot com contains
these words:

Are attachments stripped out? Even in text (UUencoded) form?

Yes, and if you want to get your account pulled, posting binaries to
non-binary groups is a good way to go about it.

If you have a website, put them there and post the URL(s) (web address
of files) there. If not, find someone who will put them up for you and
e-mail them to him/her. They will go with e-mail.

Old 10-05-2003, 12:32 AM
david

"....I am attempting to attach 2 photos to this message ...."
Try posting them to
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Then tell us

--