GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wild flower seed (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215204-wild-flower-seed.html)

Broadback[_3_] 14-02-2018 02:00 PM

Wild flower seed

Would anyone care to point me in the direction of a good wild flower
seed mixture source please? I live in the West Midlands.

Mr Pounder Esquire 17-02-2018 01:13 PM

Wild flower seed

Broadback wrote:
Would anyone care to point me in the direction of a good wild flower
seed mixture source please? I live in the West Midlands.

www.meadowmania.co.uk

I used these people last year and was very pleased.

Broadback[_3_] 23-02-2018 08:35 AM

Wild flower seed

On 17/02/2018 13:13, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Broadback wrote:
Would anyone care to point me in the direction of a good wild flower
seed mixture source please? I live in the West Midlands.

www.meadowmania.co.uk

I used these people last year and was very pleased.

Thanks for that, I have ordered the seed , it came very quickly, so am
happy with the company. Now it is just a case of waiting until it is fir
to sow them then see how well they germinate!

Mr Pounder Esquire 24-02-2018 06:09 PM

Wild flower seed

Broadback wrote:
Would anyone care to point me in the direction of a good wild flower
seed mixture source please? I live in the West Midlands.

www.meadowmania.co.uk

I used these people last year and was very pleased.

Thanks for that, I have ordered the seed , it came very quickly, so am
happy with the company. Now it is just a case of waiting until it is
fir to sow them then see how well they germinate!

I'm a gardening failure, this was my final attempt before the ultimate
disgrace.
The seeds I put down by the sunny front garden wall grew very well. I got
loads of compliments! I was not sure what to do when the summer was over.
Cut them down or leave alone? I asked the seller and they advised me.
Nothing has ever grown in the flower bed in front of the house, the seeds I
put down did not grow there very well. This area gets very little sunshine
and is always wet.
But hey! I'm the guy that put grass seed down, covered it with 4 inches of
soil and gave it a good stamping down :-)

alan_m 25-02-2018 07:35 PM

Wild flower seed

On 24/02/2018 18:09, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

But hey! I'm the guy that put grass seed down, covered it with 4 inches of
soil and gave it a good stamping down :-)

That's the only way to stop the pigeons eating the grass seed.

Mr Pounder Esquire 25-02-2018 09:40 PM

Wild flower seed

alan_m wrote:
On 24/02/2018 18:09, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

But hey! I'm the guy that put grass seed down, covered it with 4
inches of soil and gave it a good stamping down :-)

That's the only way to stop the pigeons eating the grass seed.

Seemed to be a way of stopping the seed from germinating as well.
I was called many names for my actions. All beginning with "Stupid".
I seem to remember that Mr Hogg sorted me out. He did not call me stupid.

The soil and the seed (when done again) replaced four flower beds that
refused to grow anything after 8 years of years of failure and humiliation.
Stupid flower beds!
Now, when mowing the lawn I can't really see where the (stupid) flower beds
were.