GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Worms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215214-worms.html)

Roger Tonkin[_2_] 19-02-2018 01:34 PM

Worms

Beleted digging of veg plot at the weekend turned up a number
of worms (surprise surprise!)

What intrigued me was that all of them wrigled around as they
were turned over (as expected) then only a few burried
themselves back into the soil immediately. The others appeared
almost as if they were too dozy to move. Do worms hibernate or
sleep?

Going back later most of them seemed to have covered
themselves, but a few were still visible, but I don't know how
many the birds got.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

Janet 06-03-2018 11:08 AM

Worms

On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 1:33:47 PM UTC, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Beleted digging of veg plot at the weekend turned up a number
of worms (surprise surprise!)

Think it was Edward, Kay's other half, who was an expert on worms, maybe he knows?