Old 19-02-2018, 07:57 PM
Registered User

Default Searching for Atago nashi: someone knows where to find it?

Hi!
I'm searching for Atago nashi/Asian pear.
Someone knows where to find plants or scion-woods of this cultivar on UK or in Europe?
Thank you very much!
Old 20-02-2018, 03:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

https://www.pomonafruits.co.uk/fruit...ear-tree-kumoi

https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Asian_Pear_Trees/

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 21-02-2018, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/02/2018 15:17, Bob Hobden wrote:
On 19 Feb 2018 19:57, hereistay wrote:

Hi!
I'm searching for Atago nashi/Asian pear.
Someone knows where to find plants or scion-woods of this cultivar on UK
or in Europe?
Thank you very much!

https://www.pomonafruits.co.uk/fruit...ear-tree-kumoi

https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Asian_Pear_Trees/

I think the latter are a little optimistic about the ease of growing
them in the UK. Almost every other year I lose the crop to either an
early spring frost catching the flowers (or no pollenators) or an early
autumn frost damaging the fruits still ripening on the tree.

You need to be in and out with the horticultural fleece at least here in
Yorkshire. On the plus side my Kumoi survived whereas Doyenne du Comice
didn't. They are sweet and aromatic juicy rich crisp round fruits.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 22-02-2018, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20 Feb 2018 15:17, Bob Hobden wrote:
On 19 Feb 2018 19:57, hereistay wrote:

Hi!
I'm searching for Atago nashi/Asian pear.
Someone knows where to find plants or scion-woods of this cultivar on UK
or in Europe?
Thank you very much!

https://www.pomonafruits.co.uk/fruit...ear-tree-kumoi

https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Asian_Pear_Trees/

I meant to say contact these people and see if they know.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Nashi pear trees Sacha[_3_] United Kingdom 4 31-10-2008 10:42 AM
Question for someone who knows about plants..... [email protected] Texas 8 19-09-2005 06:25 AM
Nashi Pears Bob Hobden United Kingdom 1 10-07-2005 01:10 PM
Not a gardening question but maybe someone knows MFA North Carolina 14 09-07-2003 06:34 PM