Old 03-03-2018, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default indoor plant disaster.

I have a number of indoor Hibiscus i have cared for over many years and
i water them by adding water to their saucers.

A week ago in a moment of complete idiocy i put in about a quarter of
teaspoon of Phostrogen Fertilizer in the saucers with their water.

The results have been catastrophic. Leaves shrivelling and falling off.
And leaves with black blotches.

Should i add more water to the saucers in the hope they will drink up
and dilute the Phostrogen or leave them be and just pray ?
Old 03-03-2018, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3 Mar 2018 16:52, john west wrote:
I have a number of indoor Hibiscus i have cared for over many years and
i water them by adding water to their saucers.

A week ago in a moment of complete idiocy i put in about a quarter of
teaspoon of Phostrogen Fertilizer in the saucers with their water.

The results have been catastrophic. Leaves shrivelling and falling off.
And leaves with black blotches.

Should i add more water to the saucers in the hope they will drink up
and dilute the Phostrogen or leave them be and just pray ?

I'd try flushing it out buy putting them in the sink and flooding them
then draining them a few times. Or repot in new compost.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 15-03-2018, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message

On Sat, 03 Mar 2018 16:59:34 +0000, Bob Hobden
wrote:

On 3 Mar 2018 16:52, john west wrote:
Should i add more water to the saucers in the hope they will drink up
and dilute the Phostrogen or leave them be and just pray ?

I'd try flushing it out buy putting them in the sink and flooding them
then draining them a few times. Or repot in new compost.

+1
Wash them through several times. The phostrogen solution is probably
so strong that it's burnt the roots, and possibly reversed the
direction of osmosis by the roots, causing moisture to be sucked out
of the plant rather than being taken up by it.

+ pray