GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Flymo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215314-flymo.html)

earthstick 08-03-2018 09:11 PM

Flymo

Deciding which Flymo to get for a medium/large garden that has quite a few lumps.

I could get the Turbo 400 which is the largest non-collecting one they do or go for one that collects the grass. I like some to go back into the lawn and I'm worried with the extra weight from the grass it might not hover so well and as I said the garden is a bit lumpy. But a grass box would speed things up.

I'm thinking
Turbo 400
Easy Glide 330
Glider Compact 330
Glider 350

Can anyone comment on these or have recommendations?

stuart noble 09-03-2018 07:27 AM

Flymo

On Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 9:11:54 PM UTC, earthstick wrote:
Deciding which Flymo to get for a medium/large garden that has quite a few lumps.

I could get the Turbo 400 which is the largest non-collecting one they do or go for one that collects the grass. I like some to go back into the lawn and I'm worried with the extra weight from the grass it might not hover so well and as I said the garden is a bit lumpy. But a grass box would speed things up.

I'm thinking
Turbo 400
Easy Glide 330
Glider Compact 330
Glider 350

Can anyone comment on these or have recommendations?

I'd go for the grass box as I find raking up the cuttings very labour intensive. Definitely a metal blade. Unless the lawn is perfect, anything plastic won't last long. I'm sure they're designed to hover, even if full of grass