GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   6X Natural Fertiliser (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215342-6x-natural-fertiliser.html)

Roger Tonkin[_2_] 17-04-2018 11:57 AM

6X Natural Fertiliser

Seen this advertised on Amazon a lot. Looks quite a good
product, but has anyone used it, and how good is it really as
opposed to the adverts :)

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

---
http://www.avg.com

Janet 17-04-2018 01:14 PM

6X Natural Fertiliser

In article ,
says...

Seen this advertised on Amazon a lot. Looks quite a good
product, but has anyone used it, and how good is it really as
opposed to the adverts :)

I have used it and it is very good. Expensive but very concentrated so
use it sparingly. It's made from composted poultry manure (from
intensive poultry production).

I gave up buying 6X in favour of tubs of pelleted chicken manure
(widely available, cheaper, and more convenient to transport and store.
Plus you get a useful bucket with lid)

That's probably why 6X are now selling their product in pelleted form
too, very similar content

http://www.6-x.co.uk/6X-brochure.pdf

Janet

---
http://www.avg.com

Bob Hobden[_6_] 17-04-2018 05:21 PM

6X Natural Fertiliser

On 17 Apr 2018 11:57, Roger Tonkin wrote:

Seen this advertised on Amazon a lot. Looks quite a good
product, but has anyone used it, and how good is it really as
opposed to the adverts :)

You just reminded me I bought a tub of that last year and didn't use
it, wonder where it is?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Roger Tonkin[_2_] 18-04-2018 11:00 AM

6X Natural Fertiliser

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 11:57:14 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

Seen this advertised on Amazon a lot. Looks quite a good
product, but has anyone used it, and how good is it really as
opposed to the adverts :)

Although advertised as 6X (and I don't know what that means other than
being an advertising thing to impress), I see from the image of the
bag on Amazon that it's NPK figures are only 3:2.5:2, while good old
Growmore is 7:7:7. OK, so Growmore doesn't have all the extra fibre
that farm manure has, and I doubt that Growmore is organic, but if
anyone is just looking for a basic fertiliser, then Growmore is more
concentrated, so should go about twice as far, and weight for weight
is about the same price (6X is £0.77/kg, Growmore here
https://bit.ly/2ESnmA9 is £0.71/kg. Carriage not accounted for in
either).

I meant to say in the original post, tthat the only 6X that I
know is a rather nice pint from a Wiltshire brewery whose name
I can not remember :) Age is getting to me.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

---
http://www.avg.com

Nick Norman 18-04-2018 12:29 PM

6X Natural Fertiliser

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 11:00:43 +0100, Roger Tonkin wrote:

Snip

I meant to say in the original post, tthat the only 6X that I know is a
rather nice pint from a Wiltshire brewery whose name I can not remember
:) Age is getting to me.

Wadworth's!

Avpx

--
"You can't find a hermit to teach you herming, because of course that
rather spoils the whole thing."

Roger Tonkin[_2_] 19-04-2018 01:57 PM

6X Natural Fertiliser

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

An amendment to my original post:

I was looking at this https://amzn.to/2HIfd49 which is the 6X Natural
Fibrous Fertiliser in the red bag and has the N:P:K 3:2.5:2 as I
quoted above.

Whereas the 6X Pelleted Poultry Manure is this https://amzn.to/2vqBIZb
in the green bag and is stronger, mainly with more nitrogen, and with
N:P:K figures of 5:3:2 .

But neither are as strong as Growmore at 7:7:7.

I was looking at the soil conditioning propeerties as well.
When they relaid my lawn they brought in a load of top soil
which was spread over the veggie plot as well. This soil is
alsom clay like slightly reddish and sticky, reluctant to break
up whraking so I was hoping the 6X would improve that as well
as add nutrients.

Thanks for all the responses.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

---
http://www.avg.com

Chris J Dixon 19-04-2018 05:58 PM

6X Natural Fertiliser

Roger Tonkin wrote:

I was looking at the soil conditioning propeerties as well.
When they relaid my lawn they brought in a load of top soil
which was spread over the veggie plot as well. This soil is
alsom clay like slightly reddish and sticky, reluctant to break
up whraking so I was hoping the 6X would improve that as well
as add nutrients.

Gypsum is recommended as a soil improver where clay is present,
but appears to be sold in garden centres as a proprietary product
costing over £6 for 2.5 kg.

On the other hand, I picked up a 25 kg bag of multi-finish
plaster for under £5, and AFAIK this is essentially the same
material. It worked very well.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK