GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rhubarb (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215347-rhubarb.html)

Roger Tonkin[_2_] 21-04-2018 08:33 PM

Rhubarb

I have one particular type of rhubarb that always seems to
produce flowers right at the start of the season, and then is
reluctant to produce new buds/stalks. It is a very old unknown
variety, which I remember from 40+ years ago in my parents
garden, which has been lifted/divided/moved many times. It has
quite light green leaves and green stalks and was always
regarded as an early variety.

Is there any way of persuading to crop better?

I have other crowns of a different variety near by which crop
most of the summer.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales