Old 11-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Registered User

Location: County Kerry, Ireland
Default Advice on seedings please

Hi, it's me again needing your help. I sowed Veronica Longifolia Blue Shade seeds in my greenhouse, now they are ready to prick out but they are so close together. My question is, can I pot them on in little bunches.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/05/2018 12:27, kerrygirl wrote:
Hi, it's me again needing your help. I sowed Veronica Longifolia Blue
Shade seeds in my greenhouse, now they are ready to prick out but they
are so close together. My question is, can I pot them on in little
bunches.

Yes you can prick out small clumps.

You do know that Garden Banter don't answer your questions, they forward
them to the Newsgroup uk.rec.gardening
Old 11-05-2018, 10:36 PM
Registered User

Location: County Kerry, Ireland

Thanks David for replying, I actually didn't know, how does it work then?
Old 12-05-2018, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 11/05/18 21:36, kerrygirl wrote:
Thanks David for replying, I actually didn't know, how does it work
then?

You send a message to the GardenBanter forum through your internet
browser (internet explorer, firefox, safari, etc). The Gradenbanter
software automatically sends your message to uk.rec.gardening, or
another such as rec.garden. These are newsgroups, which you can read
more than you need to know about he
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_newsgroup

Someone accessing the newsgroup answers your question, and this answer
is automatically picked up by GardenBanter and appears in it. Those
using GardenBanter probably assume someone has answered the question
using GardenBanter itself. But if you look closely at the answer, you
will see under the name of the person who answered the words "external
usenet poster". That is where we come in...

This is happening all the time with the xxxxxxxxxBanter forums. They
still get the use of advertising, but get answers to questions from
usenet newsgroups (which are free and don't use advertising).

--

Jeff
Old 12-05-2018, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/05/18 08:51, Jeff Layman wrote:
[...]

In fact, it's even worse. I see that ALL posts to this newsgroup find
their way into GardenBanter, even if there is no direct access to it
using a browser, and all communication is through a news client such as
Thunderbird.

--

Jeff

Old 12-05-2018, 11:28 AM
Registered User

Location: County Kerry, Ireland

Wow. Yes I had noticed external usenet and thought it strange.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/05/2018 10:28, kerrygirl wrote:
Wow. Yes I had noticed external usenet and thought it strange.

You have got sensible answers from the participants of the Usenet
gardening groups but in other groups some of these web interfaces
(xxx_banter and xxx_hub) introduce messages into the Usenet groups in a
way that many people find objectionable and the answers may not be so
helpful.

For instance, the xxx_hub web site presents its members with postings
that are 10+ years old to which its members respond as though the
posting is current. Unfortunately a failure to quote any of the previous
posting means that people not using the web interface don't know what is
being writing about.

This link gives some background
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub

What you see on your computer using the web interface may/is not
necessarily what we see on out computers using a different interface and
a variety of different software.