GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   This plant unknown (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/215424-plant-unknown.html)

john west[_2_] 27-05-2018 05:05 PM

This plant unknown

Would be very grateful if anyone could kindly identify the name of this
plant from this photo on the web hosting site below. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/J5E6HNa

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 27-05-2018 06:26 PM

This plant unknown

In article ,
john west wrote:
Would be very grateful if anyone could kindly identify the name of this
plant from this photo on the web hosting site below. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/J5E6HNa

One possibility is a seedling Echinops, or perhaps Cynara, but I am
pretty sure there are other possibilities.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Stewart Robert Hinsley 28-05-2018 11:40 PM

This plant unknown

On 27/05/2018 18:26, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
john west wrote:
Would be very grateful if anyone could kindly identify the name of this
plant from this photo on the web hosting site below. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/J5E6HNa

One possibility is a seedling Echinops, or perhaps Cynara, but I am
pretty sure there are other possibilities.

Any reason why it can't be Artemisia vulgaris (mugwort)?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Nick Maclaren[_5_] 29-05-2018 09:31 AM

This plant unknown

john west wrote:
Would be very grateful if anyone could kindly identify the name of this
plant from this photo on the web hosting site below. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/J5E6HNa

One possibility is a seedling Echinops, or perhaps Cynara, but I am
pretty sure there are other possibilities.

Any reason why it can't be Artemisia vulgaris (mugwort)?

I don't know that well enough, but it doesn't look quite right - of
course, leaf shape can be quite variable. However, it DOES look like
a dead ringer for those I mentioned. But I will also bet there are
possibilities beyond those three - it's not a rare leaf shape in the
Compositae.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.