Old 02-06-2018, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Citrus rootstock identification

A few years back I asked about identifying a citrus rootstock (the lemon
above the graft had died) and was told that a picture of the flower was
needed.

At the moment it is showing flower buds. Is there anyone about who could
identify the rootstock once the flower opens?

Cheers

Dave R

---

Old 03-06-2018, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Jun 2018 19:29:36 GMT, David wrote:
A few years back I asked about identifying a citrus rootstock (the lemon
above the graft had died) and was told that a picture of the flower was
needed.

At the moment it is showing flower buds. Is there anyone about who could
identify the rootstock once the flower opens?

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citrus_rootstock

I have a number of citrus trees but doubt it will be any of those used
as a rootstock.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden
Old 03-06-2018, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 15:10:06 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

On 2 Jun 2018 19:29:36 GMT, David wrote:
A few years back I asked about identifying a citrus rootstock (the
lemon above the graft had died) and was told that a picture of the
flower was needed.

At the moment it is showing flower buds. Is there anyone about who
could identify the rootstock once the flower opens?

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citrus_rootstock

I have a number of citrus trees but doubt it will be any of those used
as a rootstock.

Far too many options there. :-(

It also looks as though you need it to set fruit before you can ID.

I thought I was doing well getting flowers.

Cheers

Dave R

---